Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jala-Cherry-Berry Barbecue Sauce

Options
NibbleMeThis
NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We adapted this sauce from Bill and Cheryl Jamison's JalaPeach Barbecue Sauce from their book Smoke & Spice (excellent book, a must have for smokers).

DSC_0049resized-2.jpg

It was excellent on the grilled pork tenderloin last night and even better today for lunch in a pork taco.

DSC_0046resized-1.jpg

Jala-Cherry Berry BBQ Sauce
Adapted from Jalapeach Barbecue Sauce in Smoke & Spice

1 cup Peterson Farms Cherry Berry Blend (dried cherries, blueberries, and cranberries)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup shallot, finely diced
1-2 serrano chilies, seeded and diced
1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, minced (I used Hobo Howey's Jalapeno Treats)
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp chutney (I used Hobo Howey's Pineapple/Jalapeno Chutney)
1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp McCormick's Roasted Cumin
1/2 cup simple syrup (1:1 sugar/water)

To make the simple syrup, bring 1/4 cup of water to a boil and add 1/4 cup of sugar, stirring until dissolved.

Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 25 minutes. Allow to cool. Blend the sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth.

While it was cooling, I grilled a pork tenderloin at 350f direct for about 18 minutes until it reached an internal temp of 138-140f.

DSC_0037resized-1.jpg

The results were flavorful, fruity, and had a little kick.

DSC_0040resized-2.jpg

I'll definitely make this one again. I might be tempted to swap chipolte for the jalapeno just to add a smoky component to the sauce, but it was very good as is.

I also made a very tasty "Hubba Hubba sauce" this week for flank steak.

DSC_0017resized-1.jpg

You can get that recipe over at NibbleMeThis too.
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments