Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggbryo (new egger)

Holy Smokes
Holy Smokes Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, I just got a new BGE a couple days ago. We made Ribeye steaks that turned out to be better than usual.
I've been smoking meats (brisket is my specialty) on my Charbroil smoker with the firebox on the side. I have had phenomental success using this!
Now that I've got the BGE home I'm concerned with the grid size. It doesn't look large enough to accomodate the 16lb briskets I usually make. Thanks to this forum I have found potential ways of dealing with the limited grid size.

OK... now that I've done ribeyes, I was going to try my hand at spareribs next, perhaps this weekend. I've made them once before with less than stellar results. Can I get some advice?
Previously I made them on a gas grill using wood chips over indirect heat (used a pan of water under the ribs).
I have about a 15lb rack of ribs right now.
Should I brine them? Rub them? Sauce them? Indirect? Direct? Foil? Temp/time?

And final question... What is the next thing I should try? to get the hang of it? What's your favorite thing to make on the BGE that you think a new BGEguy could handle?

Thanks! :)