Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GreenEggs and Hog MIM

SLOPPY PIG
SLOPPY PIG Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
mvc-002f.jpg
<p />Hello EggHeads,
This contains just 1 pic.I will forward more at a later date.
I am really learning all this stuff about this picture sending deal.
I thought some of you may want to see the unit.
happy memmorial day and good cooking

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    SloppyPig, Hot Diggity..thats a reak motorized Q'Bar...I noted your "Scott's Rags" and my table uses em too. Send us more info and pics, and thanks for sharing. That is a humdinger of a set up. How did ya place for a first run at cook??
    Char-Woody

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    SloppyPig,[p]Can't tell you how excited I was to hear (at Eggtoberfest) that you were putting together an egg rig for MIM. Looks great and I bet it smoked equally as well![p]Smokey

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    SloppyPig,[p]If you can send one picture - you should be able to send a bunch. Neat looking rig!! That rascal looks big. How big, how many Egg it there?? How did the tourny go for you??? Tell us all!![p]Tim
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    SloppyPig,
    Great rig Dave.

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    sloppypig,[p]wow - looks great - just one question - how many pounds of chicken wings are you going to cook at eggtoberfest??????

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Tim M
    Mr. Toad,
    Chicken wings? How many dozen racks of ribs?? Actually with Eggtoberfest opening up to the public this year (or so I am told it will be) I would think they might want Mr. Sloppy to cook for the masses of paying customers and lookers. What better way to let them taste the wonders of the Egg - unless you're going to do a few of those great loins??? [p]I would be in line!!![p]Tim

• JJ
    Tim M,
    I sure hope that BGE does not open it up to the public as it would totally destroy EGGtoberfest.

• Tim M
    JJ,[p]I know what you mean but even so the event is still the same in that they will have a couple dozen Eggs cooking in a larger area (that won't be bad) with a whole bunch of forum junkies cooking. The party before and the fun in the hotel are all going to be the same and that really was some of the most fun. Those instant party juleps certainly helped everyone relax in the evening. If it comes to having it that way or not at all - I think most of us would prefer to see it that way. I think it will still be totally worth the pilgrimage to Meca for anyone interested in seeing 30-40 Eggs cooking (assuming they make it bigger) and meeting great folks, like you, from the forum! I wish it could all be on someone back yard but I have to understand BGE's concerns too. It'll be fun.[p]Tim
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Tim M,[p]Just curious. What do you mean when you state "Eggtoberfest opening up to the public this year"?[p]Spin
  • JJ
    Tim M,
    If they do open it up to the public to watch, taste, etc., I hope they cover us BGE owners who are cooking with a liability policy protecting us for any possible law suits that could arise due to any reason. If a stupid woman could collect millions, from McDonalds, for holding a hot cup of coffe in her crotch then we would be at the risk for a huge liability risk.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    SloppyPig,[p]Looks awesome! Thanks for the pic and I'd definitely be interested in seeing some more and hearing some of your stories. Are there 6 Large Eggs in your rig? Also, is there some other large cooker in there to accomodate for, say, a whole hog?[p]Thanks again,
    Cornfed

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Tim M,[p]Are you sure of what you heard? I intend to cook at the next Eggtoberfest and have heard nothing from BGE concerning this change.[p]I would offer that the crux of who prefers which way is determined by only those who step forward to cook. These are the people that expose themselves to the public.[p]I acknowledge that I take a chance every time I cook for others. I do, however, have a basic understanding and equal ground with them (the Egg). To cook for whomever, is very different.[p]Spin

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Cornfed,[p]Just in case anyone's interested, you can find some information on this year's MIM at http://www.memphisinmay.org[p]Cornfed
  • Tim M
    JJ,
    You both misread my post. BGE seemed to me (I am not employed by nor do I profess to speak for that company) to impress on me that the Eggtoberfest would be different this year - both in who can/will attend and in where it will be.[p]Beyond that is just speculation on my part. They have no intention of having forum members cook for the public. That is why I said they should hire SloppyPig - let him cook for them. I shall never discuss this topic again.[p]T

• The Colonel
    The Colonel Posts: 87
    Mr. Toad, I wonder how many pounds of wings we could eat in an hour with that beautiful rig cooking??
    lets try!!!!!
    yours in the egg&egg&egg&egg&egg&egg-The Colonel

• Brant
    Brant Posts: 82
    SloppyPig,[p]I want one of those! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. I hope you had a good time.[p]Brant
  • SLOPPY PIG
    Cornfed,
    no other cooker.we use a seperate 7ft long smoker for whole hog. yes there is 6 eggs nested on the trailer

• SLOPPY PIG
    Tim M,
    hey Tim give me a break.I am computer stupid.I will post more pics and details.most of the other pics are not really anything great,some other guy was taking them and shot alot of himself and friends,but i will have more.

• SLOPPY PIG
    Mr. Toad,
    HEY RODNEY THE COLONEL SAID TOU AND HIM ARE GOING TO HAVE A WING EAT OFF.HOW MANY POUNDS DO YOU WANT ME TO COOK?
    DID A NEW RECIPE AT MEMPHIS WITH JALOPENOS AND LIME EVERYONE THOUGHT THEY WERE GREAT,EXCEPT THE JUDGES,I ONLY PLACED 21st OUT OF 54 ON WINGS.