Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Greek Rack of Lamb w/ Yogurt Mint Sauce

GoodyGoody Posts: 102
edited 3:54AM in EggHead Forum
Got a rack of lamb at Sam's Club to try this recipe I got from the Food Network on Barefoot Contessa. Take a frenched rack of lamb butcher into chops, marinade, grill for 2-3 minutes per side and serve over the yogurt mint sauce. I think it turned out well. The wife really liked it. I did learn I am not a butcher! Sauce was good, but a little stronger than I expected.

Marinade Ready to Go

DSC_0070.jpg

Chops Taking a Soak

DSC_0071.jpg

Done and Plated

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Lip smacking good. :P
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,804
    Sure looks good! My favorite method is to 'French' the racks and rub them generously with Country Dijon mustard. I then stand them up in the pan so they look like soldiers with crossed bayonets. After adding the trimmings, sliced mushrooms, and a nice amount of white wine, dry vermouth, or chicken stock to the pan, I roast @ 375 until they're done to my liking (medium-rare)..
  • Looks perfect. Wished the rest of the family liked lamb so I could cook it more often.
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Those look mighty fine!! Been a long time since I cooked lamb, now I think I'm gonna have to!
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Wish I were a lamb fan :unsure: but that sounds and looks delicious!
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,393
    One of my favorites! :) Really nice char on the chops! Can't go wrong with the yogurt sauce for lamb.
  • 500500 Posts: 2,727
    Just saw this episode today right after seeing your post. Gonna make this one soon. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."