Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Potato wedges

Rossegg
Rossegg Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I grilled potato wedges (coated with olive oil) at 425 for 20 minutes. They burnt. Any suggestions for cooking great potato wedges ?

Comments

• PhilOsh
    PhilOsh Posts: 84
    I did some this week that turned out great. Wedges coated with olive oil and sprinkled with seasoning, then cooked on a cast iron griddle raised to the felt line at 325* - 350*. It took 45 minutes or so but they were crispy on the outside and perfectly done through.
    Phil
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Here's another method...

425°, indirect heat - platesetter legs down, 3 spacers (balled up aluminum foil works well; 1/2-3/4" balls), roasting container of choice.

Light the lump and then put platesetter (with three foil balls on top of it) in the egg and bring everything up to temp.

While it's heating up, toss the following in your container:

potato wedges
    a few garlic cloves, unpeeled
    chopped fresh rosemary
    s&p
    evoo
    toss to coat in the skillet

place the container on top of the foil balls (allows air circulation and prevents burning the potatoes) on the platesetter. close dome. takes about 35 minutes

Delicious!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    If they were burnt, I kinda, sorta, thimk, heat intensity was the culprit...
  • You really didn't say how you did the cook....
    I most often do my potatoes and veggies, tossed with oil and spice, on a grill pan / pizza pan.
    I however do mine at about 400 F. tossing and turning often, until browned.
    Only had stuff on fire once, in a grilling basket, when I was distracted....Conversation and Whiskey! :blush::whistle::blush:
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    I just tried them last week and they turned out perfect. seasoned lightly with a rub and then on a raised grate at 350sih for about 40 minutes.

I cooked them skin side down and never flipped them.