Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the perfect dinner

Options
CampCook
CampCook Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's the problem....6 people coming for dinner. Six nice ribeyes at room temp, ready for the grill. BGE cranked up to near 700 degrees. We need 2 rare (the conisouer), three mediun rare ( the unconnected), and 1 well done (peta member). So what is the cooking strategy?
Dave

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    CampCook,[p]Here is where Trex method comes in handy. Sear all, but 1. Pull off and dwell medium about 3-4 minutes minutes longer than rare. The last one, save and give the peta member a head of lettuce. LOL[p]I was making a joke and hope I didn't insult you anyway.
    Good luck with your cook.[p]CWM

• Pigasso
    Pigasso Posts: 111
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, HA! Here in Texas we thought that PETA stood for "People Eating Tasty Animals!"[p]Oink - a - roo!

• CampCook
    CampCook Posts: 157
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Cool, That helps, I was thinking about the problem upside down -- that is TREX everything and then contol doneness at the end. Your approach will get me much closer to all correctly done at the same time.[p]Also, no insult to me. In fact, PETA was a joke on my part sort of like the boot they serve you for "well done" at Reata Pass.