Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

some pictures from today...

Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here are our first flank steak rolls from last night.[p]640x480firstflankrolls.jpg[p]640x480firstflankrollshalfgone.jpg[p]here's our spatchcock chicken (and our first) and it was amazing. I'd like the skin a little crunchier, but we can work on that. The rest was great.[p]684x480smallspatchcock.jpg[p]This afternoon, I was eating some doritos. Did you ever find that huge lump of dorito dust/cheese powder/whatever it is? Well, here's a picture of the one I found today, to scale with the soda can.[p]640x480doritolump.jpg[p]And here's me eating it, much to my wife's dismay and Lauren's disappointment. It seems that she wanted to eat it too...[p]640x480eatingit.jpg

Comments

• Mark Backer,
    Coulda gone all next year long w/o seeing that last one. LOL.[p]CWM

• Mark Backer,
    great pics. .. .how did your flank steak rolls turn out for you?. . .they sure look good. ..

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I liked them alot. Very tender for flank steak. I liked yours better than our concoction, but we'll work on it and be ready with it come october.[p]You have made flank steak not only palatable, but delicious, which I'd have bet your paycheck you couldn't do.[p]Thanks for the recipe and the guidance.[p]p.s. I have 19 pounds of butt on now. I put it on at ten, and it's just now creeping past 210. I should be good for the night. Hooray!![p]I am still playing poker on the xbox though, "so I can check the butts..."[p]LOL
  • Mark Backer,
    glad you liked them. . .flank steak is a great tasting hunk of beef. ..its all a matter of how you cook it, and more importantly, how you slice it. ..you can even cook it whole (marinade it in some oil and vinager, with a shot of bourbon, then grill it direct at around 450 degrees for about 5 minutes per side). .trick is to slice it really thin at a sharp angle, so that you have thin wide slabs of meat. .. nice presentation, and it tastes great. . ..[p]those butts outa be good. .. .