Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Use of Pillsbury pizza crust

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,911
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can anybody help ol' helpless? I'm planning to use Pillsbury pizza crust for my first adventure into that realm...the instructions say you must roll it out and then prebake it at 425o for 7 minutes before adding the sauce and toppings...this that true? Any veteran dough-boys or gals out there???

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    RRP,[p]That is a method I have heard used here - its a method but not one I have ever tried. I always urge new pizza makers to use a premade crust the first time - yours sounds like it would be fine to use without prebaking. Remember to put the toppings on last that need the most cooking - ie: meats and veggies. Spin taught us that one, it allows the dome temp to cook them. Good luck with it - its a taste you will love if all goes well. Pics on my link below if you need them.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]--Tim's BGE Cookbook and pics --[/ul]
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    RRP,[p]I would recommend that you follow the package directions on the first trip. No sense complicating the cook as many questions and ideas will result from this attempt. A successful cook that leaves you with desires is better than a failure that leaves you with regrets.[p]The more important thing is that you create a cooking environment in your Egg equal to that of an oven. All prepackaged pizzas (in full or part) are made with the understanding that an oven is the cooking media.[p]Spin[p]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,911
    Options
    Spin,
    The first trip into uncharted pizza land was a success! I took your sage advice and followed the instuctions. BTW I also mixed up your sauce and we loved it! Until I get into making my own crust I'll probably stick to this easy way out so that pizza can be a more frequent, and less time to prepare type of meal! Thanks again to you and the earlier response by Tim M.