Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs for comp's

Options
Dragline
Dragline Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering how many people are using their BGE'S for competition's. I started this year in comp's using my Lg BGE and did very well and had a great time,buttt the weight to capacity got me to looking at other smoker's. I am getting a great product from my Egg and am thinking of just getting more for the capacity, but the weight is the issue and am wondering how others deal with the moving and setting up. Going to another smoker at this point I think would be a train wreck till one gets past the learning curve of the new smoker.
Thanks

Comments

• WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    This was a rig that was designed by some eggers from Canada - saw it at the nieggara fest in September. Looked pretty slick...my sincere apologies, I can't give credit to who it was because I didn't know them. :blink: it had a crank that raised the egg up and down, sorta like a boat trailer.
    72f4b338.jpg
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    I used to travel with 2 large and an XL. The larges were in my toy hauler in stainless tables. Thing is they became too much of a pain to move in and out up and down the ramp and worry about them tipping. I now use an FEC-100 and one large egg. Got things in where I dont have to remove from toy hauler. Too much work for me to move multiple eggs. Don't get me wrong, they do a great job but they are heavy and do require some work to move around. But I have 2 grands and multiple top 10's with what I got.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Check out the Dizzy Pig website..they have been very successful at competitions using nothing but eggs..
    http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Two XL Eggs is all you need to do a whole comp. Get the push buggy handles attached to the new nests and you can move those things in and out of a trailer with no problems. We have done it this way for three years with no issues.

Kevin
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That was the I Bee Smokin Team. A Canadian team.
    I also thought that was a new BGE carrier. I could be wrong.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE