Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Chicken Breasts

Options
Feenbo
Feenbo Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just purchased my egg and have only cooked burgers so far (fantastic by the way) - my second venture is boneless chicken breasts and I am not quite sure about this. Do these need to be cooked indirect or can I just cook around 350? Still a little nervous...

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    I prefer direct on a raised grate.

350 is fine.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    I like them cooked direct over a hot fire...450-500. They only take a few minutes per side. They are best at 160 internal, but remember when cooking hot, the internal temp will continue to rise quickly even after removing from the Egg. I've pulled them off as low as 150 internal, and it ended up at 165 on the plate.

Good luck!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • SmokeRing
    Options
    I cook them direct at 400 a few minutes per side depending on thickness. Coat them with olive oil (not extra virgin) and sprinkle them with John Henry's "Apple Jerk Chicken " rub. If you like them really spicey sprinkle them with "Slap Ya Mama." If you like sandwiches try it on a Kaiser roll with mayo, lettuce, tomatoe and pepperjack cheese.