Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hottest Pepper on Earth - Naga Viper

Comments

• LOL. OK Andrew!

You go first, I got your back :P I promise i will eat it :whistle:

Jay
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Shwiezzee wrote:
    LOL. OK Andrew!

You go first, I got your back :P I promise i will eat it :whistle:

Jay

Yeah. That's a good bet. LOL. Jalapenos are as far as I can go. That is without the seeds and veins. I'm a wuss with regards to heat.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Don't know about the hottest on earth, but a friend of mine was the first ot import the ghost pepper. TOOOO hot for me.

http://www.burnmegood.com/store/view/cart/index.cfm
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    ...I'm out!!! :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :laugh: I tried.I ordered some Bhut Jolokia seeds.The girl at the nursery started them for me and I was SO eggcited.They turned out to be Red Savina Habs! :angry::angry::angry: .I do'nt know if she got em mixed up or they shipped me the wrong thing.I WILL try again next season. :evil: :S :laugh:
  • We bought a lot of sauces over the summer with the Bhut Jolokia pepper as the first ingredient. B)

As would be expected, as something with a pepper base of 1MM scoville units, it burns. My friends scoffed at it before they tried. Then they cried. And sweated. For at least an hour. :evil:

While this pepper may be 300K "hotter" than the jolokia pepper - how would the average person really be able to discern the difference? I mean there are distinct differences up the scale, but once you hit 1MM, who would know? :pinch:

I think the scoville scale is a crock. :angry:

I'm just sayin...
  • I can't help but wonder how much ice cream is needed for the trip to the powder room after eating this pepper.
    :huh: :whistle: :woohoo: :blink: :ohmy: :blink: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :P
  • Hoss ,I have some Bhut Jolokia seeds I ordered last year and they are the real deal . If you want I can send you a few man. just send me an email with your addy....
  • I'm in!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Hoss I got 5 Bhut peppers on my plant right now. First 2 are for seed and I'll send you and Steve a few seed of the real thing. Zip sent me some seed last year from his plant but I'll tell ya they are the devil to get to set fruit at least for me. Thats why I so tickeled to have 5 peppers on this one plant. Never ate one as my plant last year only had one pepper I saved for seed. Thank the Kanuks at the boarder will look at the baggie a little funny??! :whistle:
  • While this pepper may be 300K "hotter" than the jolokia pepper - how would the average person really be able to discern the difference? I mean there are distinct differences up the scale, but once you hit 1MM, who would know?

I think the scoville scale is a crock.

I am not sure how they measure on the Scoville scale, but it would not be difficult to chemically measure the quanity of capsaicin in a known amount of pepper. I work in a chemistry lab and assay unknown quanity of chemicals all the time.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Thanks friend.I may let the nursery lady grow em in da greenhouse the whole time.I have heard they are a PITA to get to set the fruit. :blink: