Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

any recommendations for a calendar program?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,899
edited November -1 in Off Topic
my wife is the new Transportation Coordinator for her church meaning she is the contact person for non-driving church members needing rides to and from mass so daily tracking is sometimes necessary - just not Sundays and then she in turn arranges for some volunteer to do the actual transporting. With that all said she wants some computer application that will allow her to add info and at the same time print out each month as a separate 8.5 x 11 page. Are there any freebies out there that will work on XP? If not I'll buy some software, but just need a recommendation.

She has to make a report each month of who, how many etc so that is why she wants to present a nice report of activity, not just some scribbled up calendar! TIA!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• walrusegger
    Options
    Try google calendar, it's pretty good.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    "windows live mail" is a free microsoft product that replaces outlook. not sure why they have a product (outlook) for sale, and a free alternative. it's a little inelegant, but works. hasa built in calendar with viewing options (view by month, week, etc.) and i think you can print out a month from the calendar in a few formats as well.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • RRP
    Options
    I took your advice and yes that is perfect for her needs - I got her rockin & rollin already!
  • RRP
    Options
    thanks, Jeff - The GOOGLE one is perfect for her
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    is google calendar the same as the calendar that they use for gmail?

Because that's what I use (granted, I don't actually print out any hard copies) - but for putting in people's birthdays & other events, the calendar that's a part of a gmail account works very well - you can also "share" it with other ppl, so for instance you & your wife can get email reminders of certain events, etc.

At any rate, sounds like you've found something that works...
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee