Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey My way

Options
icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since I am the only one who likes dark meat I decided to cook 3 turkey breasts on the egg. I was watching America's Test Kitchen when they grilled a turkey breast. Once I saw what they did I had to try it on the egg.

So what I did was take the skin off the breast then the meat off the bone. The meat is fatter on one end so you lay the breast down slap some herb infused butter on it and then take the other breast and lay it on top of the other one fat side to skinny side. Next you wrap the skin back around both breasts and then tie with butchers twine. Now I put the herb butter between the two breasts and under the skin with salt and pepper.

What we have on the egg started out as 3 breasts weighing in at over 25 lbs total. They cooked till 180deg internal temp and pulled to rest. took a little over 3 hours at 350 deg. I spiked the temp at the end to crisp up the skin!

The family of 18 people raved at this was the best turkey they had ever had and it really was moist. There wasn't anything left so it was good!

IMG_1895.jpg

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You found a new way :laugh:
    That sounds good and a keeper.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Artie Johnson would definately have said:

"Very interesting"! :woohoo:

You ever get your "coop" finished? :unsure:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I still have a few things to do...Kinda like the chicken coop..a work in progress..

I do have HD Tv in the shack!!