Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cream of Asparagus Soup

Options
BeerMike
BeerMike Posts: 317
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I can't locate my favorite cream of asparagus soup recipe. I think it came from a Taste of Wisconsin cookbook. [p]Will you please share your favorite cream of asparagus soup recipe with me? [p]Thanks,[p]BeerMike
I think it's time for another beer!
BGEing since 2003
2 Large BGEs 
Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
Living the dream in Wisconsin

Comments

• Rumrunner
    Options
    BeerMike, here is a recipe that's simlar to the one that I enjoy while in the Florida Keys. Enjoy....[p]Crab & Asparagus Soup[p]Ingredients: [p]2 tsp reduced-calorie margarine
    1/3 cup chopped onion
    1/3 cup diced celery
    2 tbsp finely chopped carrot
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/2 tsp minced shallots
    1 tbsp all-purpose flour
    2 cup skim milk
    1 tbsp dry sherry
    1/2 bay leaf
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
    1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
    1/8 tsp ground white pepper
    1/8 tsp thyme leaves
    3 oz thawed, well drained crabmeat, flak, ed
    1/2 cup sliced asparagus spears [p]Instructions:
    In 1 1/2-quart saucepan heat margarine over medium-high heat until bubbly; add onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and shallots; saute, stirring occasionally, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and stir quickly to combine. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, and cook until sauce is smooth. Add remaining ingredients, except crabmeat and asparagus and bring to a boil.
    Reduce heat to low and add crabmeat and asparagus. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until soup is thickened and vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving. [p][p]

[ul][li]Rum's Fl Keys Road Trip[/ul]
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Rumrunner,[p]That sounds delicious![p]Happy Holidays,
    Tonia
    :~)

• Rumrunner
    Options
    QBabe, the same to you and Larry! It's now 'official' and I can attend the Fl Q Fest legally ;)[p]I'll also be at the little one in Lakeland on the 8th of January, you going?[p]virgin.jpg[p]
    virgin2.jpg[p][p]

• StumpBaby
    Options
    BeerMike,[p]Not for nuttin BeerMike..but sparagus makes our outhouse smell funny. Ain't nuttin worsen that. When momma makes sparagus..I pee in the creek for the next few days...and if nobodies been mean to me that week..which hardly nevah happens anyway...I'll even pee downstream when mommas doin the wash.[p]Ahh..the life of a Stump.[p]StumpBaby

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Rumrunner,[p]Yep, as far as I know, we're planning on coming down for the parking lot party that Ray mentioned. Haven't heard exactly where it is yet, but I'm sure he'll let us know...[p]I saw that you got your first egg! Congratulations on the new addition to your ceramic collection. Welcome to the club of "multiples", hee hee![p]Cheers,
    Tonia
    :~)

• BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    Rumrunner, This sound absolutely terrific. I will give it a try. [p]Beers to you!
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin