Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

do married men get away with this

fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,669
edited November -1 in Off Topic
almost ready to tile the shower :laugh: only one bathroom in the house :laugh: been more than a year without a shower in a heated space or a bathroom sink. my currant temporary shower (accessed by ladder) is in an uninsulated attic with heat tape on the pipes to keep it from freezing, it seems to snow in the shower some winter mornings :whistle: :laugh: i hope its ready before the winter fishing season :laugh: :laugh: or we are looking at next fall :laugh: here was the official start date. its getting close, how long does a kitchen remodel take, i dont need one i have an egg so taking my time is ok for me :whistle:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=724142&catid=12 :laugh:
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Man,

Trade me lives :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fukahwee maine

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Fishlessman:

What a life! I would trade a shower in the attic with snow versus what married life was like. After being 'single' again for the past 8 years, I now understand the word 'freedom'. Fix the bathroom when you get 'a round tuit'.
  • My wife reads the forum so I can't go any further but you have it good IMHO. :laugh: BTW I couldn't find your address and I have to go to South Bend for a couple of weeks. I can send the bracket Monday if you send it to me.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    today its looking close, almost a sink, the wendy girl i bought it from is almost as slow as i am, the granites been on order for weeks now :laugh: going to hire someone to tile the shower, little intimidated tiling the ceiling, never seen it done, so t really is getting close, this xmas or next :)

008-1.jpg
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    check your email and dont rush around on my part, finishing this room and the holidays i wont be able to jump on it right away anyways
    fukahwee maine

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Two words,,Nope,,, okay thats only one word but I saved room for the wife who always has he last word :whistle:
    Actually as a married man you can get away with it if you know some really technical terms that sound expensive. I managed to stretch a bathroom remodel to just over a year B) :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    so your wife would take a shower all winter in a 20 degree room :laugh: does she have a sister with a similar outlook :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    You missed the first part of my answer and to answer your question NO, as in no way in hell :laugh: :laugh: The only way I got away with it and stretching it out is we had another bathroom :whistle:
    And if the AC breaks we will be paying triple overtime or motel bills until it's fixed :blush:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    :angry: 15, yes 15 years ago Neil tore apart the large upstairs bathroom..... it has a HUGE cast iron tub that is long enough for me to stretch out in... only one boy left at home then. the down stairs bathroom is a small sink, flush and very tiny shower... I mean TINY shower... to this day the door remains closed to that gutted upstairs bath.. I open it once in awhile to make a quiet point... but since he does not do laundry he does not go down that hall to get to the washer and dryer.... he say "what difference does it make.. you have to go down stairs anyways in the night to let the dogs out.." I am just waiting for the day that we decided to sell the house in Maine and it is done in a weekend.... he will be in divorce court so fast.....
  • fishlessman
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: if the showers too small downstairs, he should get to work on it :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    hire someone to finish it and call it his anniversary present to you
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    you can have my temporary one as soon as im done with it, im keeping the kitchen ladder though

DSC_0050-1.jpg
    fukahwee maine

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    I did a den, a complete kitchen and dinning room, three months and I did everyting but granite counter tops
  • fishlessman
    you should have hired me :laugh: ive got a little over a thousand hours fishing logged in this year, im taking a breather right now to finish the little room :laugh: :laugh: between fishing and work there just isnt much time in the day :whistle: i can tell you im sick of sheetrock though, my house had thin plywood walls and drop ceilings, must have put in a hundred sheets now and still have a bedroom and kitchen to go, first room i did though was the fishing den, maybe that was a mistake :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Question: Do married people get away with this?
    Answer: Hell No!!!
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • Julie,

That's why we love Neil! In a manly sort of way I mean :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON