My brisket failed before making the checkout line at Sam's Club. The package started leaking everywhere when placing it up on the conveyor belt. I switched it out with the last brisket. A little goofy looking brisket but I couldn't complain too much as it was $2.68lb for choice brisket. Plus I wanted to try out the new to me Stoker I purchased on Ebay. I also picked up the Dexter Russell scalloped knife on Amazon. What better way than a brisket!
The cook itself was awful! I was ready to throw the Stoker across the garage. (Just ask my palm sander last week what happend....It went airborne. The worst palm sander in the world. I probably spent more on sandpaper from the sander ripping it than the value of sander. It gave me the excuse to get a new one. Long time coming.) The Stoker had me thinking the same way. The Stoker would connect perfectly for 45 minutes and than eventually drop it's info and webpage. I'd have to go power it off and manually put back in the IP address. 45 minutes go by again and the same thing. I even cleared the database on the Stoker and reprogrammed everything with the router. Same thing. Would work perfectly for 30 minutes and would lose it's IP address or just stop loading the webpage. Other times I'd still have the IP address correct on the Stoker but wouldn't show up online. I slept maybe 4 hours between midnight and 11am. The rest of the time messing with the Stoker. My Auber Instruments controller looks like gold. I'm going to update the Stoker software and see if that fixes anything. It's bizarre. Works good until it drops everything. Frustrating!!!
The brisket itself was pretty good. Not the best bark or smoke flavor but was happy with it's tenderness. The point was really small. I cut some up to use for chili in the future. The flat was big compared to the point size. Good eats anyways. You win some and you lose some. Lost some sleep but the brisket was a nice treat!