Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

I've been waiting...the knives have arrived!

WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
edited 9:49PM in EggHead Forum
I'm so excited! :woohoo: :silly: Mr. FedEx delivered these a short while ago! Although the manufacturer of these knives is probably five hours away, I ordered them from Knife Merchant (in San Diego :( ) to save about $60 from buying them from the manufacturer; saved about $80 if I had purchased them at the place I tested'em out. The are Lamson Sharp "Fire". I bought them because 1) I loved the feel, 2) they are made in the U.S., 3) they have life-time sharpening, and 4) they are pretty! Maybe not in that exact order!! :silly: :lol: :woohoo:
I got a magnet block for them and my hubby has put it up already!
Here's a close-up of the pretty handle! Looks like a bowling ball!

• Slick.They heavy?
  • Love the handle. You're key statement " I loved the feel ". So many people buy whole sets of knives and never use 1/2 of the set because of feel or it's not needed. I like to purchase individual knives based on need and feel, feel being number one. And you can find great deals on the web. Congrats.
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Julia, those are gorgeous! I am pea green, like my knives but don't love them. Have fun using them.
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Those are some beautiful looking knives :)
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Compared to: shun, slightly heavier; wusthof, about the same; global, quite a bit heavier, but the globals I thought were exceptionally light.
    Buster, Thanks, and yea, it was a bummer waiting a week for the shipping, but definately worth the savings!
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Very nice Julia!! What size chef is that? Looks like a 10".I also have the magnet and love it!
    What's the first meal they will make?
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    Teresa, thanks; :) Time and testing will tell the depth of my love! :silly: :lol:
    Molly, it's an 8" chef, 7" santoku, 3.5" parer and 6" utility... Probably only want a couple more, but will have to save up! Maybe a stir-fry? Lots o'chopping!
    Mr. Holloway, thanks! So long as I don't drop one on my foot, we'll be all set!
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Julia those are probably the prettiest knives I've ever seen Felicidades!!
  • Julia,

They look really nice! I've read good things about them.

Caledon, ON

Thanks, Beli; pretty AND functional makes me happy !
    Thanks Steven - they gotta be nicer than the Chicago cutlery I've been using...:S :whistle: :whistle:
  • So cool, Julia. They look big and bad. Enjoy them.
    Thanks Faith! Can't wait to start using them :)
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    PURTYPURTYPURTY! I know you will enjoy those.Congrats!
  • Very nice. I'm sure you will enjoy them for years. Best of luck with them.
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Congrats, nothing better than new toys
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Nice. I have to go look for those on the internet.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Those look really nice. Please explain the lifetime sharpening.... How often can you send them in? I would suspect that you are responsible for the postage/shipping costs??
    Happy Trails

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Julia, you're going to have a great time with your new knives! They are a work of art. :)

I'm sure you'll be doing this in no time flat: