Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Purchase

Options
Fick
Fick Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've decided to buy a large bge and just started looking. There is only one dealer in my area and the price seems high. Are the prices the same at all dealers or will shopping around be worth my time? I've also checked craigslist ect. but found no used ones for sale. I have not been able to find any listing of list prices or suggested retails either. Thanks

Comments

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    Support your local dealer.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    What area are you in? CHeck out any Egg Fests for best price....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    SHOP AROUND!!!!!!!!
    Not sure where you live but I live in the Fargo, and there is 1 dealer Nodak. And they are terrible at best, not a single person there knows a thing about them except that they are green. I called a dealer that was 40min south and they were great, plus they gave it to me for $170 off of what Nodak would sell it to me for. It pays to shop around, i am about customer service and if the store you go to doesn't have it, no need to support them. Support a different dealer, no shame in that. I even went in and told the manager of Nodak the reason i didnt buy it there, he looked at me and said he really didnt care. I am really glad i didnt buy it there. What price are they trying to sell it to you for. If it is a price thing talk to them about it, if it is a customer service thing go shop around. Good luck! :)
  • Fick
    Options
    Thanks again. I'm located on the Central Coast of California. There are no Egg Fests nearby. My local dealer quoted $680 for the large egg, $136 for the stand,$68 each for the side shelves & plate setter. With tax and $75 shipping it comes to over $1100 :ohmy:
  • Fick
    Options
    Thanks again. I'm located on the Central Coast of California. There are no Egg Fests nearby. My local dealer quoted $680 for the large egg, $136 for the stand,$68 each for the side shelves & plate setter. With tax and $75 shipping it comes to over $1100 :ohmy:
  • chrisnjenn
    Options
    That is the going rate for a large Egg and the additional stuff you want (my dealer has a little better prices, but then again I'm in GA and there are 5 dealers within 10 miles from my home). Shipping? Do you mean they will deliver it to you and set it up for you? If so, $75 is fair.
  • Fick
    Options
    chrisnjenn wrote:
    That is the going rate for a large Egg and the additional stuff you want (my dealer has a little better prices, but then again I'm in GA and there are 5 dealers within 10 miles from my home). Shipping? Do you mean they will deliver it to you and set it up for you? If so, $75 is fair.

No the shipping was just added to the invoice estimate.
  • HPD195
    HPD195 Posts: 5
    Options
    I had the same issues then found http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/ and after a call to speak to them I found he gave me a knockout deal. Saved shipping and Tax along with lots of other bonuses that you will need/want. He was absolutly no pressure and offered unlimited good advice. I was extremely happy with buying from them as I am nowhere near them and have returned several times since.
    There are a lot of dealers but to get the right advice when you are starting out not only saves $$$ and time but keeps your frustration to a min.

Good Luck...
  • HPD195
    HPD195 Posts: 5
    Options
    I had the same issues then found http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/ and after a call to speak to them I found he gave me a knockout deal. Saved shipping and Tax along with lots of other bonuses that you will need/want. He was absolutly no pressure and offered unlimited good advice. I was extremely happy with buying from them as I am nowhere near them and have returned several times since.
    There are a lot of dealers but to get the right advice when you are starting out not only saves $$$ and time but keeps your frustration to a min.

Good Luck...
  • rah
    rah Posts: 11
    Options
    BigA if in the Fargo or Cooperstown, ND areas give Norwood Sales a try. They will beat all prices on eggs, eggcessories and coal.
  • Fick
    Options
    HPD195 wrote:

Good Luck...

Thanks, I'll give them a call and see how much to ship it to me.