Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Night\'s Steak

Options
ddmax
ddmax Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had some very tasty fillets last night. My wife said they were the best she's had, but that was after a couple glasses of vino. :laugh:

I prepped one with Cow Lick Steak Rub and also with Shunzi powder (my new favorite seasoning, since buying some at Eggtoberfest). On the other fillet I used a bourbon and mollasses rub.

I have to admit, they were amazing. :P

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

Everyone have a great Halloween!

ddmax
Atlanta

Comments

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Those look great. I will warn you now, in case you don't know. You have completely screwed up going out to eat a steak. You will find no other steaks like you can produce yourself unless you really want to pay for them. I just laugh to myself when people talk about going to Logans or Outback and getting an awesome steak. ;)
  • ddmax
    ddmax Posts: 45
    Options
    It's funny you say that.

We actually had reservations at Ruth's Chris for last night, but I cancelled them when my wife reminded me that we could make a better steak at home.

You are absolutely right, it's very rare that I'm happy with a steak from a restaurant anymore.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I rarely go out for a steak (npi). Anything they can do, I can do better (and for way less buck-a-roos too)!