Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig Platform

Options
Capt. Rich
Capt. Rich Posts: 153
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings from the Chilly North Carolina Coast. 42 degrees!!!!
Just order from the Ceramic Grill Store the Adjustable Rig Platform & The Wok. It looks very functional on the web-page. I'd be curious to get some comments from my fellow Eggheads. I'll be getting this Wednesday, Any ideas on what cook you would recommend first.
Thanks Captain Rich

Comments

• Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    You could so a spatchcocked chicken raised direct at 400 they're good that way. Or you could cook a pizza high in the dome so the top get cooked a little faster than the bottom. Or you could cook a mess of ribs 6 racks easy. Or you could start with the wok...

I love my adjustable rig, use it for most cooks in one way or another.

Doug
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Chicken is the thing I cook better than before the adj rig. By cooking high in the dome, it has turned me into a much better cook.
    I now cook 80% high in the dome. Just works better for me. Not counting the hot/fast stuff....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Captain Rich, Now that you will have a spider. Go get the small CI grid and a steak. Get your egg to 400F dome and sear your steak depending on the the thickness 1,2,3 min's per side and slip you rig on top of the spider with the steak on top and shut er down and depending on how well you like your steak check it with your thermapen and walla. Your the famous steak grill er from the Chilly North Carolina Coast. :P :whistle:

Keep coming back. :whistle: :P
  • Capt. Rich
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan!!