Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Mustard on Ribs Before or After Rub???

LFGEnergyLFGEnergy Posts: 618
edited 2:06PM in EggHead Forum
Any opinions? I usually rub first, slather second, but was recently told that the mustard should go first, and then rub in the rub mustard and all.

How are other folks doing it!

Beautiful Sunshine in the Dallas metroplex, gettng ready for Game 3 tonight!!! Go Rangers!!!!! :( :unsure: :woohoo: (

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    All of the above. You can do, in no particular order:

rub-mustard-rub

mustard-rub

rub-mustard

just rub

Take your pick. Opinions vary.
  • I agree with Fidel. Any way will work! I usually rub mustard rub. Just preference...
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,791
    I am a just rub kind of guy.
  • hayhonkerhayhonker Posts: 576
    They say the mustard helps the rub stick. I cooked mine that way until last year, when for fun I decided no mustard, no foil, no indirect. Just low-n-slow over the coal 'till they were done.
    Best ribs ever. Spritzed every 30 minutes with cider vinegar. Butt Rub (salty) on the bone side, salt-free Dizzy Dust on the meat side. Membranes removed of course.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    No mustard here. And never had any issue with rub sticking.