Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First pork tenderloins on my Egg

Options
chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
5118870131_d00703544a.jpg
DSCN1604 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Couple of pork tenderloins - marinated in lime juice, palm sugar, fish sauce, garlic, sriracha, lemon grass and ginger. Cooked direct at 450 F. Amazingly moist.

After these came off I ramped down the temperature a bit - then cooked a little meat loaf direct and roasted a whole cauliflower to be used for what ever tomorrow.

Comments

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Nice sear on the outside, moist on the inside? Perfect!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Steelers252006
    Options
    Pork tenderloins are so much fun to cook, and so wonderfully tender and juicy to boot!! :)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I love the char on your sear. :P Tim
  • Lovenbrau
    Lovenbrau Posts: 307
    Options
    That looks fantastic! I have found a local "meat farm" (is what they call it here) that sells fresh pork products. The packaged ones from the chain groceries seem to salty to me, I am sure the inject to keep moist. Any thoughts on the chain products? Thanks in advance.
  • chocdoc
    Options
    These ones weren't seasoned - I always find those ones kind of hammy - I don't like them either.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Kerry, girl that is a beautiful thing!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • ThunderBunny
    Options
    I always make the most BLAND and BORING pork tenderloins. Yours are gorgeous. Mind if I ask you for the specific measurements of your ingredients. I just got a brand new VitaMix and am itching to use it. Good idea or not? Also, how long did you cook and to what internal temp?
  • ThunderBunny
    Options
    I always make the most BLAND and BORING pork tenderloins. Yours are gorgeous. Mind if I ask you for the specific measurements of your ingredients. I just got a brand new VitaMix and am itching to use it. Good idea or not? Also, how long did you cook and to what internal temp?
  • chocdoc
    Options
    Don't mind at all. I've mixed this with the immersion blender before - but actually find just mixing it together in a bowl works better.

2 or 3 limes juiced
    1 tablespoon palm sugar
    2 or 3 tbsp fish sauce
    2 or 3 cloves garlic
    1 inch chunk ginger (or powdered ginger) grated or pressed through garlic press
    1 tablespoon frozen lemongrass - or 1 stalk fresh pounded and sliced
    2 or 3 squirts of shiracha (or to taste)

You want to taste to see if it has that nice balance of sweet, salty, sour and hot and adjust as needed.