Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Options
Hic
Hic Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just unpacked the demo from Eggtoberfest and there wasn't a grill inside :(. Probably call the mothership or stop by this week. Puts off my 1st cook. On the upside everyone was super nice and we had a blast.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

Comments

• UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    Go buy a cheap one at home depot. Weber replacement grill will work. Just measure. I think its 18 inches.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That sux! An extra grate is a handy thing to have to use as a 2nd level, so like ugavet said run to home depot or ace hardware and pick one up if your itchin' to cook tomorrow. As long as you are there, I would pick up some bolts/washers to use it as a 2nd level or raised grid.

Just curious- what was the process like to get your demo? I was wondering how they handled the logistics of picking them up and loading in the vehicles.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    Good Point, thanks!

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Hey Brad, did you go to the fest today? -RP
  • UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    Randy, I did not make it. I didnt get pre registered but was planning on going today but my wife lost her mom a couple of weeks ago and then yesterday I had to euthanize her 35 yr old mare that she has had since Jennifer was 14 yrs old. So, I decided to stay home and help her get her firewood ready for the cooler weather. She enjoys her fires in her wood heater.
    I see it looks like you didnt make it either. I really wished I could have made it.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Logistics for picking them up was similar to previous years - except there wasn't a long line on HWY 29 waiting to turn in. And of course, EGGs wheel MUCH better on concrete than on grass for getting them them to the distribution point.