Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

replying to forum emails

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,776
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
is there a reason that email addresses get changed so that i have to delete the persons handle that emailed me from their email address if it comes thru the forum or is it the aol browser on my end thats converting it. my email on the forum is hhengineringinc@... and it gets converted to fishlessman@hhengineeringinc@... if i email myself thru the forum as an example. makes it more difficult to talk to myself having to delete fishlessman @ every time i reply to myself :laugh:
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    The same thing happens to me, but at least I have stopped emailing myself because of it. Anyone have the answer?
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    it sounds like you have been drinking again. if i understand your question, you are wondering maybe why emails are not coming back to you when you send someone an email via the forum, and you never get their reply in return.

i would suggest, mike, it is maybe simply that they just don't want to talk to you. ;)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    Options
    that i can understand. but why if you email me, i have to fix your email to reply back, the forum is changing the email addresses so they wont go thru.
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    i was just happy to figure out how to reply back :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    yeah i know. weird. i'll complicate things by saying sometimes it actually works, too. when i was running windos outlook (on XP), i could always hit reply. the display name might say "fishlessman@eggheadforum.com", but if i double clicked on it, the actual email address would be the correct one ("hhengineering@...").

now, i am on windows live email, and forum mail comes in with the modified (incorrect) email as the address, so that it bounces back to me when i reply unless i fix it.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante