Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

still making red wings

fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just keep tweaking the recipe :laugh: ive got them going good now with the buffalo wing sauce, they just keep getting better. wings on the egg are just too good

042.jpg

043.jpg
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Now that is GOOD looking wings ;)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Mickey wrote:
    Now that is GOOD looking wings ;)

ditto!
    context is important :)
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Those look fantastic, fish. Care to relay your technique?

john
  • fishlessman
    more for my tastes than anything, i like buffalo wings so they get coated in wing sauce. these had a coating of 6 ounces franks red hot "wing sauce" heated with half a stick of butter some tabasco and chipotle pepper. the sauce seems to make the red winds salty so dropped back to 3/8 soy, 1 cup water, 3/8 cup red wine vinegar, 6 ounces franks red hot wing sauce, 1 tsp tobasco, and 1 tbsp chipotle. 40 hours then 325 raised direct til they are slightly overcooked :laugh: same idea, maybe less salt, seems i cant eat salt like i used too, been backing away from it lately
    fukahwee maine

• GoBlues
    GoBlues Posts: 15
    40 min? 40 hrs? or 4 hrs?
  • fishlessman
    40 hours, i make it on friday for sundays cook
    fukahwee maine

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I swear by 72 hours, which is now my norm!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    i should make them on thursday but friday is easier for me up at the camp. someday ill make them a day earlier. im still making small changes so keeping it at 40 til i find the flavor profile im after, its really close, i could be happy with it now :laugh: its hard for me not to change the recipe every time, seems one week i have texas petes hot sauce, then next its franks redhot, then next its franks redhot wing sauce, even noticed that i bought some regular v8 with the spicey last go around :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Thanks for the tips! I think I can interpret your recipe code into a similar cook this weekend for a couple of college buds passing through.

Gotta love wings... could eat them everyday.

john
  • Niner
    Niner Posts: 9
    you smoke the wings or marinate for 40 hours?

just confused by process takes 40 hours.
  • fishlessman
    put them in marinade for 40 plus hours, then cook. buffalo wing sauce for the last 15 minutes if you want sauce, the origional recipe had no wing sauce and they are good too
    fukahwee maine