Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

EZBB Ribs Thirdeye Style

Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

EZBB Ribs Thirdeye Style, Thanks thirdeye, these are some of the best ribs I have cooked so far. I did them entirely on the egg but that doesn't change much.

My rib set up, indirect, apple and cherry for smoke.
DSCN6732A_640.jpg

Just after going on. Brushed with mustard and rubbed. I misted them with half apple juice concentrate and half apple cider vinegar roughly every half hour for the first three hours.
DSCN7079A_640.jpg

One hour on.
DSCN7085A_640.jpg

Two hours on.
DSCN7087A_640.jpg

Yup , you guessed it . . . 3 hours on.
DSCN7089A_640.jpg

Pulled to foil.
DSCN7092A_640.jpg

Brown sugar, squeezable Parkay margarine and honey. Place meat side down in sugar, margarine and honey and wrap well in heavy duty foil.
DSCN6939A_640.jpg

Stacked them like fire wood, meat side down instead of trying to put them back in the V rack. I re arranged them half way through after 30 minutes.
DSCN7097A_640.jpg

The finished ribs.
DSCN7109A_640.jpg

DSCN7099A_640.jpg

DSCN7111A_640.jpg

DSCN7115A_640.jpg

DSCN7120A_640.jpg

These were heavy, meaty ribs, just shy of 10 pounds for the three racks so I gave them a 3-1 at about 285º. Next time I can probably cut my times a little. I'll know better as I eat these. This was the first time I have tried Frontier lump. It had been sitting under my trailer all summer wrapped up in a trash bag. When I got it out the 20# bag felt damp but when opened it looked fine and was. I thought it burned a little hotter and faster then the Royal Oak that I am used to. Seams like good stuff.

Gator

Comments