Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I wonder what the little people are doing today...

Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Whenever my parents bought a lobster or some pricey meat, which was rare, they always said " I wonder what the poor people aredoing?".
The joke being of course that we WERE poor

So we are feeling pretty special
cooking on our fancy grill here at the game. Though no one knows we are sitting in the cheap seats.

Anyway. A guy walked by an hour ago at gillette stadium, pointed to the egg and said," big green egg , gotta love it". Points to my brother and says " you look like Stike. "

old family friend, now grown with kids.

Gave him some ribs, and some scallops wrapped inbacon. He couldn't stay for the moink balls. We figure it's thirty years since we got in trouble together

Beautiful day out here, patriots by 14.

346ed0c6.jpg

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Well, THIS little person is watching on TV where I can see the slomo closeups (over and over) and hear the talking heads tell me what I just saw (in case I didn't get it).

Also cooking on the egg. Not sure what yet - maybe some sausages! :laugh: :laugh:

The last time I went to an NFL game, the Colts were playing in Memorial Stadium... Unitas was the starter. :lol:

Enjoy the game, Jeff!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Have a great day and game. Usens are smooking St Louis spares. Yum yum! :P Tim
  • Man that brings back some memories....My dad and uncle and I would go fishing in a john boat on some pond somewhere, we would have bologna sandwiches and a coke and nothing else...times were tough...and my Dad would look at my uncle and say..."I wonder what the poor people are doing today?"

Good stuff...
  • Man that brings back some memories....My dad and uncle and I would go fishing in a john boat on some pond somewhere, we would have bologna sandwiches and a coke and nothing else...times were tough...and my Dad would look at my uncle and say..."I wonder what the poor people are doing today?"

Good stuff...
  • between the traffic headed in and the traffic heading home, there's a football game you can watch, but which you need to listen to on the radio in order to flesh out what's going on sometimes...

yeah, it's easier to watch at home.

still damn fun though. though it eats up the whole day.

tom brady complained week one when fans were leaving in the 4th when the pats had a 21 point lead. that might irritate him, but those fans spend more time at the stadium ion game day than he does... traffic is always poor...

ah well
  • i did back ribs the day before, and sauced them while reheating at the game over hickory.

sold another egg (to the woman in back). she had a lot of questions, but the kicker was when we delivered a few ribs to her. they were the best ribs i'd done in a long time for some reason. mainly because i forgot about them and let them go a little longer when i smoked them the day before
  • it's something my dad used to say, which i'm sure HIS dad used to say.

when i was a kid, i thought he was being serious. because i never knew we were 'poor' when i was growing up. had a great childhood.