Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PeacePizzaPendingPacker

Options
WWSis
WWSis Posts: 1,448
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had a really great day; B) husband was 4-wheeling for the day so Tucker and I took a ride on the ferry to new York and did some leaf peeping in the adirondacks. The colors are already changing quickly there, slower in Vermont. Dinner for one was a makeshift pizza (I was desperate!) the wine was a "pretty" cheap bottle (matched my glass) :laugh: which was actually pretty good. After I got it home I realized it was the same brand that I took a picture of at the niaggara fest last weekend! Finished the pizza, popped in the hot tub and now I await putting the brisket on in a few hours! Big brother checked in with me to make sure I was all set for the maiden brisket voyage... :silly: :kiss:
Here is the wine - the bottle a pretty blue hue!
997b99a1.jpg
Here is a chunk of Jamaican jerk flavored cheese used on the pizza.
4e3e8fa2.jpg
Here is the pizza on cast; crust was made out of crescent rolls - it worked (it was all I had) sweet, but I cooked up okay and tasted good with fresh tomato spread. Peppers, onions, mushrom and the jerk cheese
f3ba2d0b.jpg
Pizza - or whatever you want to call it
c713b195.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks and sounds great Julia!! How was that cheese? I'll have to keep my eyes open for something similar here.
    My leaf peeping is tomorrow.
    You'll be fine with the brisket! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Cool! A Rastafarian Pizza Pie in Vermont no less! All that's needed is some Bob Marley & The Wailers and your all set. Looks great Julia, sounds like you and Tucker had a great day. Your foliage sure is turning early!

Blair

• WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Cheese was great, Molly! Mild flavor and creamy. ;)
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Julia,

That looks just great! What a wonderful adventure.
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Hi Julia

I think you forgot the kitchen sink...Ha! Ha! Just loaded with toppings!

Good luck with your maiden brisket voyage!

Michael
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Julia any part of that you want to toss just send my way please.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Looks good and sounds good too!!!
    Good luck with the brisket. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.
    I've only done one (about 225 -250 F in the dome) pretty slow...It turned out real nice
  • KB
    KB Posts: 144
    Options
    i like your first photo a lot. The pizza doesn't look bad, either.