Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So. Cal Fest - So Fun Fest!

Options
Fluffyb
Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We got home from the Smoking in So. Cal. Fest a couple of hours ago. Have now showered and swathed on the lotion! It was a warm day, but to us desert dwellers it was nothing. There wasn't a pool involved, but it was a fun day.

What a truly great event. I can't thank Shad and his whole family enought for putting on a great fest that was so well organized. All of the cooks had ample room, as did the Fest goers. As always all of the people we met last night and today were just the best. Met RsmDale and his wife Susie, loved them!

I am always so shocked by the number of eggers that don't know about this forum. So I preached the Egghead gospel of all the knowledge to be gained by logging on.

Here are a few of our pics. I didn't get many, as I was busy from the get go. I know others took many more pics, hopefully they will post them here.

The traditional (second annual) cooks Jack Daniels toast by Shad.
socaleggfest004.jpg

socaleggfest006.jpg

My betrothed and I, first time cooking at a fest. We served bacon wrapped, stuffed dates sprinkled with DP Pineapple Head, Kalua pork on Kings Hawaiian Rolls and smoked Spam. Yes, that's right I said Spam. Nearly as good as smoked bologna.
socaleggfest007.jpg

socaleggfest013.jpg

socaleggfest014.jpg

socaleggfest015.jpg

socaleggfest017.jpg

Our neighbors, a very nice young couple made a delicious Chicago style deep dish pizza.
socaleggfest018.jpg
socaleggfest019.jpg

I learned so much today about cooking at a Fest and we are already planning on what to cook next year!

Ok, now I need a cocktail and bed!

Comments