Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Disappointment !

Options
Village Idiot
Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I ordered takeout, and when I looked in the bag, saw they had included four sets of plastic silverware.

In other words, someone at the restaurant packed my order, took a second to think about it, and then estimated that there must be at least four people eating to require such a large amount of food.

Too bad I was eating by myself. There's nothing like being made to feel like a fat bastard before dinner. :(

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    You got up early to pout over that!!! Heck, they were probably just making up for the last three times when they forgot to include the silverware.

Go back to sleep.

Spring "Up Checking On Me" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • No Trash
    Options
    I am sure that they were thinking it was cheap and would break so they included extras... just in case.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Damn you must have been uptown. My places do not give plastic anymore :ohmy:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• 2Fategghead
    Options
    :ermm: Did you eat it all? :huh:
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    There are starving children in Ubekistan. What do you think? :sick:

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    Its that lil' puppy dog sharing look you gave them. :)

maybe they frequent to the forum and know you eat with a gun at your side :lol:
  • highpress
    Options
    To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it. Most times the servers just throw in a handful of napkins, silverwear, sauce etc. They never know how many people are going to be eating it. I think you're reading too much into it.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    No...Nooo...Nooo.
    What they are estimating is that their cheap, crappy plastic silverware will break 3 times before you finish your meal so they include 4 sets...I got your back Gary.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • JerseyEgger
    Options
    I think this is a marketing ploy. They throw the extra silverware hoping its one person. They know that person will feel bad. In the majority of situation that will push that person to eat more out of depression. So the restaurant will get more orders! Don't fall into the trap!!!! :side:
    -Eddie
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    May I ask, why takeout???

Since Pam is home why aren't you cooking????? She will come home hungry later.

Shame on you :pinch:
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Judy,

I can't lie to you. Actually, it was in an email I received and I thought it was funny, because I think something similar happened to me a long time ago.

I cooked juicy hamburgers on the Egg for Pam last night, complete with Three Crabs Fish Sauce for umami. I can never tell her I do that ... something in her brain that is opposed to it. :ermm:

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Gator Bait
    Options

Good Morning Gary,

I was wondering, just how much food did you order?

Was this your "Average" order? Drool_20.gif

OR was this your "I'm In Need" order? party00211.gif

OR was this an "Insane, I Kill Cows!" order? smiley-whacky115.gif

OR was this a "I didn't bring the Ford F350 For Nothin" order? DEAD.png

I'm not saying anything about the mental acuity of restaurant employees as I was one once or twice (Hey, that third time was an accident, it wasn't my fault! I don't care what they say it doesn't count.) but last I knew being able to count to four was the only prerequisite to employment. I guess you got maxed out! :cheer:

Don't feel bad, it happens to all of us . . . just some more then others. ;)

Blair

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Blair,

See the post above your's.

I'm so ashamed. :unsure:

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Gator Bait
    Options

Hahahaha, I saw it right after my reply. Don't be ashamed, I thought it was pretty funny, a good way to start the day. :cheer:

Have a great day,

Blair

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Gary i needed this to wake up properly.....if you can do this with plastic...imagine with real silverware.... :silly:
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Now that's the Gary I know and love.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    That is funny. Thanks for the giggle. :woohoo:
  • jetmech
    Options
    LOL, I was in SoCal for work and like I always do when I am there I load up on In N Out, anyway, I had to fly out commercial to work on an airplane and was tight on the schedule, go it all done and didn't eat all day, hit the Drive Thru and ordered 2 Double-Double meals and a Single meal. In the elevator at the hotel some guys is talking to me and was like oh I love In N Out too, get to my floor, door opens and he says well your GUYS enjoy. I'm like man, I'm solo.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    I'm not sure, but this might qualify for the WTF??? :laugh: :silly: :laugh: