Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE has now spoiled me too

Options
Topo Gigio
Topo Gigio Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Talking with a co-worker about my BGE and BBQing in general. She said we should go to lunch at a local Toronto BBQ place called "The Purple Pig." They claim "We compete each year in ribfest cook-offs all over southern Ontario and have won over 40 major awards in just four years of being on the circuit." Not sure this is saying much though - The Greater Toronto Area is not known for its BBQ restaurants altough I'm sure there must be good ones here somewhere. [p]I know the egg's food is good. I wanted to try the restaurant because I have nothing to compare the eggs food with and to see how good the egg is.[p]I tried their Pulled Pork sandwich and "award winning" baby back ribs. I must say there is no comparison. The Big Green Egg blows The Purple Pig out of the water. (That sentence would not be understood anywhere else).[p]I left the restaurant thinking it was a waste of money. I don't think I will go to another BBQ or steak restaurant again under my own volition. When I get home I will hug my wife and baby, then my egg.

Comments