Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

test pic

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
t_=16553504
<p />my daughter prior to her collecting a huge bag of candy. Hopefully we see her

Comments

• 3423982723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2339%3D876%3D827%3DXROQDF%3E232368%3B7335%3C3ot1lsi
    <p />howard,[p]2nd attempt

• 3423982723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2339%3D876%3D827%3DXROQDF%3E232368%3B7338%3C3ot1lsi
    <p />Howard,[p]After 16 hours these 2 butts finally hit 195 degrees. I know in competition that the burnt look isn't in but I think the dark bark has, by far, the best taste of the pork butt or ribs. [p]Just a question for all of you. I noticed the 3 times I have cooked butts there is a section before the bone at the bottom that is a little tougher, not as fatty or tender as the rest of the meat. Do y'all get that too or is something wrong. I was thinking that maybe the butt should be rotated 1/2 way through as that area is always at the bottom, closest to the fire.[p]Also, how do you get mutiple pics on a post? Do you put the pictures together in Paint or Illustrator first or can you sonmehow separate the addresses below? I tried with a simple comma but didn't work[p]Howard
  • Sandlapper
    Options
    Howard,[p]I wrap in tin foil the last couple hours and find the same tenderness throughout....And I do rotate a couple of times...Just my .02.[p]SL

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    howard,[p]How do you change subject line in a thread? i.e. test pic--->Butteautiful
  • Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Options
    Steve-B,[p]When you reply choose Preview Message, then edit the subject line and then Post Message.
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    Howard,
    Looking good. That charred bark is a thing of beauty to me. Without that I think it is just reduced to a regular pork roast. Also I wrap mine in foil after I take it off and get the same consistency throughout the pull.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howard,
    I think what you are finding with the tenderness could possibly be due to uneven cooking, but I kinda doubt that is your problem. I am thinking most probably it has more to do with the different muscles in the roast. A butt has several different muscles, and they all have a slightly different texture. [p]Just some thoughts. Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Plus, when you mash it all together, it's pretty much all the same anyway...[p]War Eagle!!
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    We weren't able to do that until just the last week or so.