Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mold in the Egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For the first time in 9 years I had a lot of mold inside my egg last month. I'm sorry to trouble you, I found an indication that this subject was recently discussed but could not find the old posts in the archives. Has anyone else had a lot of white, fuzzy mold grow throughout their egg this fall, and what's the best way to eliminate it? Thanks.

Comments

• Ted Kingsley,[p]How hard did you look?
    Lookie here:

[ul][li]Mold[/ul]
  • DSC01350.jpg
    <p />Ted Kingsley,
    I have seen mold in a friend's Egg. I believe there are two thing that cause it. Not using the Egg often and not having a cover. I have a cover for my Egg and have never had mold in it. AS you know, mold comes from moisture in the Egg. All you have to do is fire up the Egg about 500 degrees and burn it out. Really not a problem.[p]Jerry

• Sandlapper
    Options
    Jwirlwind,[p]Speaking of covers I need to find one that will cover my BGE setup 62Lx30Dx48H....If anyone knows of such a beast please let me know.[p]Thanks
  • Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Sandlapper,
    Find a local Boat shop that makes covers and give them your dimensions and they should be able to hook you up. I personally don't think a cover is necessary, but that is just my 2 cents worth. Hope this helps.
    Seth