Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NC Pork Butt sale

Options
NC-CDN
NC-CDN Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those in or around Raleigh (maybe all across NC and elsewhere), Harris Teeter has their pork butts on sale for 1/2 price. I think it was .99/pound, regular price 1.99.

Looks like BBQ is on the menu for the weekend!!!

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    So unfair! :angry: I just got back from grocery shopping and they are 3.99 up here :(
  • BBQbadge
    BBQbadge Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks Andrew! I always stock up on 5-6 butts when Harris Teeter has these on sale (about once ever 2 months).
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    BBQbadge wrote:
    Thanks Andrew! I always stock up on 5-6 butts when Harris Teeter has these on sale (about once ever 2 months).

You're welcome. I also try and score the buy one get one baby backs. My wife would kill me if I purchased too many of them though. What's too many I say...?

I do need a box freezer. Just one of those 5 cubic feet ones. I only have the bottom pull-out freezer on my refrigerator. Once I put a butt in there it really fills up fast.
  • BBQbadge
    BBQbadge Posts: 35
    Options
    I have a separate garage fridge that is mainly storage for future cooks! Where in Holly Springs are you? I used to live off Bass Lake Rd. across from Devils Ridge.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    You both need to get a Sam's or BJ's membership. I sure wouldn't pay $1.99 a pound for something I can get for a $1.29 a pound. Especially if there is a chance he meat is "Enhanced"