Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING Naked Whiz: Ever hear of Strumps Lump?

Options
TheDirtyBurger
TheDirtyBurger Posts: 846
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I called this food supply place by me and he said they carry Strumps (spelling?) Lump

Here is a pic, pretty nondescript. He said it was ranked #3 in the nation?

charcoal.jpg

Ever hear of it or come across it?

thanks
tim

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I think those are the same people that make/market Fire King brand charcoal. Pretty good stuff. I have no idea if the stuff in the plain bag is the same or similar, but Fire King usually runs about $15 per 20# bag here in Atlanta. One of my favorite butchers used to carry it until they became a dealer for a competing ceramic cooker and now only carry that particular brand of lump.
  • Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 110
    Options
    You are correct Fidel, Struemph Charcoal Works does make the Fire King brand. I like Fire King charcoal and think that TNW gave it a "Recommended" review. I would like to assume that the generic bag that is pictured is the same stuff just bagged different.

Interesting side note, Dirty Jobs did an episode at Struemph Charcoal Works. Seeing the way things were done also made me think that they probably only produced 1 type of lump and bag it differently.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is it the same company that markets Strump brushes?
    19579.jpg
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    I agree. For what that's worth, :laugh:
    The Naked Whiz