Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

On a roll: lasagna!

Ms.Ms. Posts: 145
edited 12:26AM in EggHead Forum
I did my first lasagna on the egg. I wasn't sure my baker would fit in my large Egg, but it did, no problem!

And needless to say, frying those eggplants was a real party - the flavour of it...

Well, here are some pictures:

46008_432412237102_671732102_4730379_6825265_n.jpg

39977_432412202102_671732102_4730378_864771_n.jpg

Comments

• Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,228
    Looks great. How did it taste? Was it smokey at all. I'm not a believer yet about cooking food like that on the egg. seems it would be easier in the oven.
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Looks spectacular.
  • Looks good, will have to try that. B)
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    HA HA Mark If we can make and serve blueberry pies and Cinnamon rolls and delicate chocolate volcano cakes with no smokey taste then lasagna is a snap
  • Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,228
    lol, I will try it some day :) thanks
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,545
    Very nice. No meat?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Great looking Lasagna Esabelle, would you give me the recipe?

Ross
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    That looks great. I have not thought of doing Lasagna on the egg. Thanks for the idea.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • I would definately hit that
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Looks wonderful!
  • Looks outstanding
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Yes you have been a busy egghead. Your food looks great. Thanks for posting. Tim ;)
  • Ms.Ms. Posts: 145
    Actually, it was easier on the Egg. Just grilling those eggplants was ssoooooo much easier!

And well, it's summer time, and I didn't light the oven in over three weeks now, and THAT is a good thing.

And BTW, no, it didn't taste smokey. My coal was burning very clear, thank you. ;)
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,980
    Isabelle,

Looks beautiful. Did you layer the eggplant with the lasagne noodles?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    that's a great lookin lasgna...
    context is important :)
  • Ms.Ms. Posts: 145
    I put the recipe in the recipe section of the forum - it's waiting approval­...