Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE at Jack Daniel's

Options
drbbq
drbbq Posts: 1,152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Big Green Egg really stepped up at The Jack Daniel's World BBQ Championship this past weekend. First off they donated 16 large eggs in tables to be used by the International teams, along with plate setters, ash tools and anything else they needed. Many of these teams fly in with very little so it worked out beautifully. [p]They gave two bags of BGE charcoal to EVERY team. 140 bags in all.[p]They had a booth to promote the eggs, manned by Jim, Lou and John.

They had me and the Dizzy Pig boys cooking with their help and last but certainly not least they donated a new XL egg to be raffled off at the awards ceremony. It didn't actually get raffled off during the ceremony but the Hoosier Hogs team was very happy to get it.[p]It was raining eggs in Lynchburg and I am very sure the crowd noticed. Thanks guys. It ws a blast.
[/b]
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ

Comments

• Monkey Puncher
    Options
    drbbq,
    I talked to the BIG GREEN EGG reps on Fri. I have never met anyone more helpful and eager to answer any questions that I asked. My question concerned a burned out gasket.

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Options
    Poppasam,
    ill be there

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    BGEBoysJimLouJohn.jpg
    <p />drbbq,[p]The boys from BGE had to be some of the hardest working folks at the show.... and having some of the most fun.... only as eggers can . :~)[p]Here they are.... Jim, Lou and John in a rare moment of relaxation, waiting for the bus to take them to the Friday night distillery dinner where Jack Daniels was flowing as free as water.[p]The whole trip was too much fun and the best part of it all was hanging with a lot of really great people..... goodnight y'all.[p]John[p]

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Way to Go BGE!!!![p]I bet those Hoosier Hog Boys are happy with their BFE!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • drbbq,[p]Yep. I had a chance to help man the BGE booth before and during the awards ceremony, when all the internatioanl teams were marching by. There was nothing but high praise for the egg.[p]It was a pleasure to see Jim, John, and Lou again, and they sure did work thier butts off.

• WooDoggies, it was so great finally meeting you guys. Nature Boy, Q-Sis, all of you. I'm just sorry I got so tied up in the judges area that I didn't get back to really visit! Guess you will have to just come back next year so we can spend some time together.[p]I did so enjoy all the drbbq stories we told!!! ;^)

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    drbbq,
    Those guys...and everyone who works at "The Egg"....are an incredible bunch of people. It is no wonder why they are enjoying success. A fantastic product, and top quality good folks to back it all up. The Jack had egg spread everywhere, and any recognition BGE got was hard-earned and well-deserved![p]Thanks from us too. And congrats on your fine showing, Ray.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Hey Chris! Congratulations again my friend! It looks like you guys are gonna be unstoppable (?) soon in the competitions. Next time we meet I want to taste some of your brisket cause I love brisket, and I am lazy too. ;)
    Seriously, Congrats on your showing and I must say I am 'not' really surprised either, even knowing that the competition you are up against is fierce, and some have many more years experience in competition than you, I still am not really surprised. :)
    Great job dude,
    later,
    ChefRD.

• Hatch
    Hatch Posts: 149
    Options
    drbbq,
    Here here. The BGE team is one great bucnh of guys. Thanks again for all their support and company. It was great to meet Jim,John and Lou. I had a blast, Looking forward to the holidays and hitting the circuit once more on our quest for next years Jack.
    Congrats again Ray on your finish. And thank you for all your help and advice over the years, you are the Doctor!!!

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    CaptTable,[p]Did you know you were the first person on these forums to explain to me what the kcbs is and how competitions work.... and what a Table Captain does? Seems like a long time ago doesn't it?[p]I'm glad I finally got to meet you and your lovely wife..... and yes, next time we will have to spend more time telling fish stories... LOL.[p]Be well![p]John

• We plan on being there Thursday around lunch. Should have a pot of peanuts done by friday afternoon. Stop by. Poppasam