Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Kinda - forum home page

Options
Denbbq
Denbbq Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am new here so maybe this has been discussed previously. On the home page of the forum the word collapsible is spelled as collapsable twice. Is there a moderator or someone in charge that can correct it? Also for the life of me I can't figure out how to put my name and home town at the bottom of a post.

Comments

• BigGreenDon
    Options
    Go to the "member" menu at the top.
    "Edit Profile"
    Fill in the "signature" block
    Click "Save" at the bottom.
  • Denbbq
    Denbbq Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks BigGreenDon
  • best to nitpick the moderators' grammar and spelling in the "feedback forum".

your name and hometown can be added by editting your profile. right click on "my profile" (in the jammed together list of things above every post), and open in a new window. edit the "signature" line
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    We have a forum feedback forum where you can report this. Mouse over the Forums tab up top, and you'll see it listed.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Even better, when nitpicking make sure that the "incorrect" word is actually incorrect.

In this case, collapsable is an acceptable version of the adjective. It's in the dictionary.

col·lapse (k-lps)
    v. col·lapsed, col·laps·ing, col·laps·es
    v.intr.
    1. To fall down or inward suddenly; cave in.
    2. To break down suddenly in strength or health and thereby cease to function: a monarchy that collapsed.
    3. To fold compactly: chairs that collapse for storage.
    v.tr.
    To cause to fold, break down, or fall down or inward.
    n.
    1. The act of falling down or inward, as from loss of supports.
    2. An abrupt failure of function, strength, or health; a breakdown.
    3. An abrupt loss of perceived value or of effect: the collapse of popular respect for the integrity of world leaders.
    [Latin collb, collps-, to fall together : com-, com- + lb, to fall.]
    col·lapsi·bili·ty n.
    col·lapsa·ble, col·lapsi·ble adj.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.