Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

About the mini...

Options
h20egg
h20egg Posts: 168
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm considering adding a mini to compliment my large, mainly because I'd like to have two different temps for some meals. If I do this, I'm going to redesign my table to accommodate both. Unfortunately, dealer does not stock mini's, so I can't really picture it for sizing. Also wants ~$400 to order one, seems high. Anyway, was wondering if anyone had pics of mini with large? Do you just sit it on the table height? Or recess it down into the table? Thanks...

Comments

• Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    I just sit it on the table (with the mini stand)
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Here's how I set mine up..and have no regrets..the egg on the right is a large...
    DSC00076.JPG
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    Mine mini was $300 in Zelienople, PA. It was ordered from the distributor and I had it in a week. Where do you live?
    PattyO
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Large - Mini - Small
    IMG_0924.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Central IL Egger
    Options
    Love my Mini, but I built it it's own table. I had it on top of my large table, but got paranoid a storm or falling branch or whatever might knock it over. I paid $270 for mine (no nest), and it is the older style without the spring hinge (Got a little discount). Good Luck with yours!

IMG_5526DesktopResolution.jpg
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    The mini stand works well - you can move it around until you are happy with the location

XL, Small, and mini
    IMG_1891800x600.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have a mini and love it - but you might do better with a small.

Ask your dealer for a price on a small, $400 sounds like a lot for a mini.

Are you getting the mini because you want something portable or just to allow simultaneous cooks at different temps? If you don't need it to be portable, you might consider a small (which is still portable, just not as easy).

On the other hand, no matter what a mini costs, it will be less than a small.

Also, (my dealer tells me)the mini doesn't come with feet, so if you are thinking of making a permanent home in your table for the little guy, order the feet too and allow for a stone.

Good luck and have fun!
  • h20egg
    h20egg Posts: 168
    Options
    Thanks for all the pics and comments. I called another dealer and they also did not carry the mini but could get, but for less $. However, she asked what I wanted it for and when I said I had no intention of carrying it anywhere, she recommended the small. I know there are a lot of mini fans here, but it does seem that for a few more sheckles you get a good bit more space. Of course, then I start thinking that if I got a 2nd Large, I'd have swappable accessories. :unsure: Oh well, now I have information to digest. Again, thanks all!