Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So, In case yu\'r wonder\'n...(and I know you are)!!

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
"Just why is it Sooo Coool... to be Chubby"?

Well...Lemme' tell you!!

To quote a recent poster..."our present
Resident Hemorrhoid" aside...the BigGreenEgg Forum remains to be a source of constant amazement to me!

It's really not the Forum per se, (or the information received thru, or deciminated from) but in almost every case...it's the folks who populate it!

For many of us...this, (cooking on an Egg) isn't the only hobby or interest we have! So, it's no stretch that like many of you...I'm involved in other "Forums" as well!
From them, (just like this one)...I've learned a lot!! But I can say that without a doubt..."I've not met a higher quality, more diverse group of folks,
(flawed though we most certainly are)...anywhere"!
Time and time again, (in the 8 or 9 years i've kicked around here)..I've seen my theory prove itself out...over and over again!

So...why is it Sooo Cooool to be Chubby?

This week...?? (lol!!!)...It's because of people like yourselves!!

Four seperate times this week I arrived home to find a package on my door...or in my mailbox!!!

Now, let it be known...with the exception of the package from AZRP, (for which I shamefully... selfishly...publiclly begged for),
I had no idea any of the below were on their way!
And, with one other possible exception...(the "Gift" from TJV)...I did absolutely nothing to deserve any of them!!

P8120010.jpg

Is this an impressive array of top quality goods..or what!!

It looks like the "Grand Prize Package from the Price is Right" or something!!

P8120013.jpg

A "priceless" peice of, (let's just call it Wall Art")

The BigGreenEgg Cookook

What may be the "World's Most Dangerous" Smoked Chili Powder!

A wonderful bottle of "2008" Madeira...from V. Sattui in California.

Lastly...Two of the most authorative books on "Charcuterie" anywhere!

Frankly... :blush: I'm embarrassed!!

All of this from "Friends"...here on this Forum!!

Many who will read this know just exactly of what I speak!!

My real point, (besides my way of saying "thanks")...is to also say that this kind of thing goes on, (almost daily)
between the good folks on this Forum...and has for years!!
It's an outward expression of the type of induviduals who belong to the BGE "Community"!

So...to Bobby, Tom, Randy, and Rebecca...I extend my a heartfelt "thanks"! For your most generous gifts,
and even more so...for being my friends!!

I know I'm not worthy...But I'll take it just the same!! :woohoo:

Evans
I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Well said Chubster,I couldn't agree more about the wonderful people here(well,most of them anyway :whistle: ) :) You just can't ask for a better group of people/friends ;)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Your right your not worthy so just forward them all on to me :evil: :laugh:
    Agree 100% the people make the place and the sending and receiving goes on everyday
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Can anyone remind me what it was we were waiting for? :huh: :lol:

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    Well said Chubbarino
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Have a good one Chuberino. You are blessed. Tim ;)
  • Chubby
    Options
    Yes..I most certainly am!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Very NICE!I am sure you DO deserve it! ;)
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Understand completely...unfortunately many may never know of this wonderful family phenominon..that many hold so dearly....Thanks for the clarity..
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    As is said: "It's good to be the king".
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Chubby: Oh How TRUE!! There are always some exceptions in a group this huge, (mine are different than yours I think... ;) ) but overall we have truly made a great number of fantastic friends through this 'hobby'. It's the unexpected from these folks that just keeps blowing me away! We even had a particular "poolman" make a 500 mile round trip in a day to inspect a pool on a home we are buying. He wouldn't even take gas money! :angry: Hmmm...lemme guess who sent the Charcuterie books?? :laugh: Those are both great on the subject! ;) You are absolutely correct, it is a blessing to have such a wonderful group!! Enjoy those gifts. :)
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    See what happens when you come out of your shell LOL

You're a good kid, Chubby Brown.

Spring "Chubby Love Has Blessed The Chicken Ranch" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    You have been a good boy Chubby, Wonderful gifts I must say.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • Chubby
    Options
    "(mine are different than yours I think)"...And that's probably as it should be..since you'll soon be needing a full time "PoolBoy"... :woohoo:

You're absloutely correct...it the unexpected good nature of so many here that is wonderful to experience!

Who was "That Masked Poolman"?...she said (as she beheld her new "Rubber Duckey" Clorinator)...and watched him ride away!!

:laugh:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Where do you get off thinking I'm a friend? I sent that powder to hurt you. :evil:-RP
  • Chubby
    Options
    And you would have!!!

...had the mail carrier not warned me of the "dangerous envelope" she'd placed in my box!!

Sure improved the smell of the community box down the street though!

Thanks again !!

:lol:
  • Chubby
    Options
    Truthfully...that's pushin' it... :P

But thanks for the vote!
  • Chubby
    Options
    I'm hearing nasty rummors about you and a "Random Act of Patness"

;)
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    don't believe everything you hear :ohmy: ;)
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Chubby you touched on a very sensitive issue. The first huge packages I got came from as far away as Canada, filled with all sorts of goodies TKS to my canadian friends, and from there on it's been a constant flow of great presents mostly from the US friends , gosh even presents for my daughter on her wedding, I can only say I'm proud to belong to this forum with so many generous good hearted friends!!! Salud & Muchas Gracias !!!!!!! to all of you & you know who you are!!!!!! ;)
  • Chubby
    Options
    I can see where a person of your "International Acclaim & World Renoun" would most assuredly rake in all mannor
    of fabulous cash and prizes... from those hoping to be considered for an invite to your next Dinner Party!!

Sorta like tipping the Valet...heavy, as you pull in to park!

But I, (unlike yourself) am just a mere mortal..,thus making my good furtune all the more unbelievable!! :lol:

All kidding aside..I think your absolutely right!

;)

Glad you're here as well!

Evans
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Pat, do you really mean, "so just forward them all on to me"? What if Chubby sends you Tom's 'wall art'? What would you do with that, pray tell?

I suggest you be more specific in your requests!
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    It's twue, it's twue, it's really twue! :)
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Rebecca, I thought the colors went well with a really special apron I received :blush: If not I do have a dartboard :evil: :laugh:
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Chubby Brown... :ermm: google him at your own risk. :whistle:
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Wow, very nice assortment! What a great group this is for sure. Along those lines I was very fortunate to have a late "lunch" with Chris Hale today. It was kind of him to take time off to meet up with me.

Love the wall art but would be interested in hearing how you like the books. That would be a subject to explore (gotta get my man card back after all the fruit carving).

Bruce
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    But....you give back too. All the help on the forum and once a long time ago when I blew my first gasket and could not get one locally, you met me in Cypress TX and gave me one! At the time, I din't think I could cook with out it. It was a few years back and you might not even remember it in all the good that you have done for this clan but I sure do. Thanks again!
  • Chubby
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words!

Sure I remember you!

We met up in the Food Town parking lot, circling around...looking for each other.

I remember thinkin'..."this whole thing sorta looks like a drug deal...except with gaskets"...lmao!!!

Anyway...I was happy to help!

Evans