Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coluccio Bomba Calabrese

Options
Grillin Guy
Grillin Guy Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have any of you tried Coluccio Bomba Calabrese? Is it pretty close to the La Bomba I keep reading about on here? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Just from the name...

I'd conclude it's more southern Italian...or made with a hevay lean toward the Calabrian chilis.

I've never been a fan of LaBomba myself!
    While it's popular here, (compared to my wife's GrandMother's recipes for the same)...it's got a "tinney"...metalic flavor that in my mind has lost all it's punch. Frankly...it's just dull and greasy.

There are other brands too...(many in Italy to be sure)...but this is one condimento' I think that really suffers in the processing process!

I'm always willing to experiment...any idea how I can try the brand you're speaking of?

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Grillin Guy
    Options
    Chubby,

Go to Ebay and search for Coluccio Bomba Calabrese. The seller is sc0tty2. It's $7.95 a bottle + shipping (shipping for 6 bottles was $10.70) but I don't know what size the bottles are. I ordered 6 of them and I'll let you know more once they arrive. Bobby B was nice enough to share a bottle of his La Bomba that he picked up from Deepsouth, so I'll be able to compare the two once they come in. I did ask Scotty from Ebay to see if he could locate the La Bomba and he said he would. Will keep you posted.
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    interested in the comparison as well.

what's up terry!
  • Grillin Guy
    Options
    Hi Jason! Just trying to survive the insurance business over here. How's the baby doing? Have sure enjoyed the pictures on FB. I'll be sure to let you know how it compares to the La Bomba.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Bomba jars (mine anyway) are 290g. Sc0tty's are 180g.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    Grillin Guy wrote:
    Hi Jason! Just trying to survive the insurance business over here. How's the baby doing? Have sure enjoyed the pictures on FB. I'll be sure to let you know how it compares to the La Bomba.

the baby is doing great! thanks for asking.

i dropped my phone last week and just got my new one today, so i'll be posting more pics! i'm glad you enjoy them, although yours blow mine away!