Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I got Spun, in person!

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
232323232%7Ffp%3A92%3Enu%3D3238%3E374%3E%3B67%3EWSNRCG%3D339%3A5%3A4%3A93339nu0mrj

On the way back from a small vacation to Philly, we stopped in at Dizzy Pig corporate headquarters in Manassas, VA. Met Chris and staff. He toured us around and we talked of Eggs, BBQ competitions, and his business. Real nice guy if you get a chance to meet him in person. I splurged and picked up 8 Dizzy spices. :woohoo: Now I need some tips on what to put it on. First cook is grilled shrimp later today. Suggestions?
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    I like Tsunami Spin on shrimp.
  • jerseyshore
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Pineapple Head. Last night, I sauteed collard greens and onions in olive oil and butter-sprinkled heavily with pineapple head and grilled shrimp on the side.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    One of the cool things about his stuff, is that many of the rubs will go well on a lot of different meats. Try Raging River on half and Tsunami on the other half. Or go in thirds and try Swamp Venom as well.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    while you wait for replies fix yourself a Bloody Mary using some Swamp Venom! Also look back here for a similar thread as yours where people answered with their choices.
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=938221&catid=1
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Great meeting you and your family. Thanks for stopping by!! Enjoy the flavors.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
    Options
    Nature Boy wrote:
    Great meeting you and your family. Thanks for stopping by!! Enjoy the flavors.
    Chris

Thanks for the rib tip Chris. Nice place you have and good luck in your future endeavors. Maybe a line of sauces could be your next step!
    Member since 2009
  • Egg-N-Tino
    Egg-N-Tino Posts: 157
    Options
    Raging River has been my 'go to' spice for Spatchcock chicken of late. Gives it great flavor. Tsunami Spin is great on boneless chicken breasts while marinating in some Italian dressing. Makes an awesome chicken sandwich. Both are done on a raised grid @ 400 dome.

Good thing about Dizzy is they work on just about anything (Haven't tried cereal yet though).
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Agree 100% with Adam
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I agree with Tino. Raging river on a spatchcock chicken raised grid 400 degrees. Hard to beat. I also like to use the Red Eye Express on a standing rib roast. I cooked two 5 pound Prime rib roast last week at a family members house and they were outta this world. I got out of my truck and un loaded my medium and grabbed my backpack full of rubs. They thought I was crazy until it was chow time. Then I turned into a super star. I had about 6 people crowded around me saying "now what was that rub again?" :woohoo: :woohoo: I pimp the pig ever chance I get!!!
  • Egg-N-Tino
    Egg-N-Tino Posts: 157
    Options
    "Pimping the Pig"
    :woohoo:

NatureBoy...We got a new name for the team :laugh:
  • ASTegaCay
    Options
    i just received 8 that I ordered via mail. My wifes Cousin lives in Manassas, so the next time i go up there I plan on visiting the Spinquarters.
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    I just spit my beer all over my screen :)
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks man. For having the faith to sprinkle the stuff on your hard earned meat, and for the pimping.

You got a good pimp hat? With Tino's new name, maybe the pimp hats would make a good team look.

Appreciate yall bigtime.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Options
    So the grilled shrimp turned out great. Raging River on some, Tsunami Spin on some and Swamp Venom on some. We liked the Raging River and Swamp Venom best. The Tsunami was good but didn't kick it for us. We did like it sprinkled on the green beans though. For dessert I had a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream with Pineapple Head sprinkled on top. It was very good. I might try and make an ice cream sauce with it next time. The thunderstorm kept us from grilling pineapple with it. I got the shrimp in just as the heavy rain started coming down.
    Member since 2009
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I do not have a pimp hat. That would be a pretty funny gig though. I would be pretty slick in a purple three piece suite holding a cain and eggin :woohoo: :woohoo: . Your welcome on the pimpin. You got a good thing going. Keep up the good work! I'm gonna hook up with ya at The Jack this year. I know you'll make it there.