Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The worlds smallest edible BGE. Birthday time!!

Options
Mud Pig
Mud Pig Posts: 489
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Its my birthday tomorrow actually, but me and the misses decided to do a big BBQ on Saturday to celebrate it with friends. I just spent 2 weeks in Costa Rica for work so it was good to see everyone in person rather than through email for a change.

I based the menu on the Brazilian/Portugeuse market find that I made last weekend. I did 7 pounds of skirt steak marinaded in tequila/lime along with several other spices. Likewise, I made about 3 1/2 pounds of linguisa chorizo sausage. Turned out amazing.

The star of the show was the cake the wife made for me. All hand made, with all the things that I hold dear in life.

On to the pics.

Starting off with some pics of Costa Rica. Here is the Arenal Volcano, went there on the weekend between my work weeks in San Jose. A little spooky that the volcano is actually smoking.
DSC01181.JPG

One of the big highlights of the trip for me. I went to this amazing waterfall near La Fortuna to do some swimming.
DSC01248.JPG

Here I am after swimming, the current was brutal, but I'm a great swimmer so I actually got to the cave behind the falls. Was pretty amazing.
DSC01259.JPG

Now for the welcome home party.

The linguisa rocking on the grill.
IMG00003-20100731-1947.jpg

The star of the show, homemade cake starring the gum paste bunnies and of course an edible egg.
IMG00002-20100731-1817.jpg

Some reference material for the bunnies. My boys!
IMG00002-20100511-1845.jpg

The aftermath, all fondant bunnies were summarily executed either by party goers or by the the bunnies themselves by being fed to them alive. I can still hear the screams. The egg received a stay of execution.
IMG00006-20100801-0000.jpg

I just couldn't bring myself to eat something so cool. Maybe tonight.
IMG00007-20100801-0000.jpg

Great trip and B-day.

MP

Comments