Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A Little Salmon & A Bunch Of Bul****

thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited 4:17AM in EggHead Forum
Here's a little salmon, grilled raised direct until 140°.

DSC00926ra.jpg

DSC00926rac2.jpg

This is a bunch of bulgogi... not what you were expectin' was it? Heheheee. It's not thinly sliced in the traditional Korean fashion, but I used my favorite bulgogi marinade on some thicker beef.

DSC00942rac.jpg

DSC00951a.jpg

DSC00955ra.jpg
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Both look great!
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    BEEF......It's what's for Dinner! :)
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    Salmon looks good as well as the Bulgogi. I'm going to make bulgogi next weekend and slice thin...how long do you cook the beef? TIA
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    thirdeye: LOVE the bulgogi here for sure!! One of our favorites! ;) Nice job! Salmon looks good, too.
  • ClamClam Posts: 117
    Hi,

That bulgogi looks delicious, We have alot of Korean markets close by- I think i'll try it this week. Thanks Thirdeye.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    It doesen't take long.... Like all marinated meats, looks are decieving. It will still have surface moisture when ready to come off the cooker. I take it to 125° or so.

DSC00951ac.jpg

DSC00955rac.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Great post. Looks fantastic.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    What cut of beef did you use? I did look into it further and found my answers. Thanks, Tim

This is an excerpt from wikipedia.

Bulgogi is made from thin slices of sirloin or other prime cuts of beef. The meat is marinated with a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic and other ingredients such as scallions, or mushrooms, especially white button mushrooms or shiitake. Sometimes, cellophane noodles are added to the dish, which varies by region and specific recipe. Before cooking, the meat is marinated to enhance its flavor and tenderness.

Bulgogi is traditionally grilled, but pan-cooking is common as well. It's common practice in Korean barbecue to grill or fry whole cloves of garlic, sliced onions, and chopped green peppers are often grilled or cooked with the meat. This dish is sometimes served with a side of lettuce or other leafy vegetable, which is used to wrap a slice of cooked meat, often along with a dab of ssamjang, or other side dishes, and then eaten as a whole.
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    thirdeye, salmon and bulgogi are two of my favorites. Both look absolutely perfect. Your pictures are mouth watering.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    For this batch I used the narrow end from a beef tenderloin, but about any cut of beef, lamb or chicken will work ok. If you have some time (both for marinating and for slow cooking) short ribs come out great.

DSC08066a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Everything looks awesome Wayne