Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ideal temp for Pork Tenderloin

Options
Tennisbum
Tennisbum Posts: 228
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
having a party this weekend and will cook a few pork tenderloins. I have no trouble with a bit of pink in the middle but not sure about the guests. What would you suggest as ideal pull off temp?
Thanks for your help
gp

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i like 145 my self

but if you have a few that do not eat pink pork i would cook a couple to 160ish

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    Ours is usually 145 to 150 AFTER resting ... pull it around 142 ish and give it a fair amount of resting time.

Joel
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I agree with Terry, but let it rest under some foil for 10-15 minutes before you slice it. It will be the most tender pork they ever ate. -RP
  • Tennisbum
    Options
    Thanks guys. I went to the feedback forum, where I probably should have started, and 145 seems to be the temp of choice. But as suggested I will leave two on till 160 just for good measure.
    Thanks
    gp
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    IMHO anything for tenderloin or regular loins over 145F is starting to dry out the meat. I pull 140-145F and rest 10-15 minutes. It will gain 2-5 degrees depending on size of meat. Also If you reheat the next day the dried out meat will be VERY dry and not tender. JMTCW.
  • Tennisbum
    Options
    Richard,
    do you rest tented or open, my guess is tented.
    gp
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I just finished a pork tenderloin (s&p plus herbes de provence, 400° raised direct). Meant to pull at 145° or so, but as is almost guaranteed with me, I overshot. Got all the way to 165°!! I only rested it for a few minutes (tented). Very tasty, juicy and tender. Still some pink in the middle, but not much.

Richard may have a point about it drying out when you reheat leftovers, but this was a partial tenderloin, just enough for one - there WERE no leftovers!! Good stuff!!! :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    135-140 MAX!!!
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Doing a couple this weekend using coffee rub Richard sent me a while back - I'm pulling at 135 and tenting for 15 minutes.
  • ozegg
    ozegg Posts: 50
    Options
    Agree with hoss pull around 135-140 and let rest. Although in Australia we do not have any cases of trichinosis in pork.