Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any thoughts on what to inject into a Turkey?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, never tried injecting a turkey before so I'd like to give it a try.... anyone have any thoughts / recipes on what makes a good injectable?[p]Thanks, [p]Brian

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Nardi,
    I just finished up a breast using this approach: reduce 4 cups of white wine with 1 sprig of rosemary and 1 clove of garlic to 2 cups, strain, cool, and melt 1 cup butter and mix with wine mixture adding 2 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp cayenne pepper, inject when cool, rub with mustard and your fav. rub and cook, the last 15 minutes I brushed on a cane syrup pepper jelly. Nuttin fancy but very good.

• pointer
    pointer Posts: 41
    Options
    Nardi,[p]My favorite injection marinade is "Chef Williams" Creole Garlic Recipe.
    Turkey injected with CW then, doused liberally with DP Raging River, (current favorite), is mighty fine eating.[p]Enjoy!

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    Nardi,
    I use the Cajun Injector Creole Butter stuff right off the shelf at the grocery store. Cajun Injector makes other flavors you might like too, but I prefer Cajun Butter.[p]One think I like with CI is that you get a new injector with each bottle, so there's no food safety issues. Those darned injector needles are just too small to clean properly, in my opinion.