Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonights dinner(surf&turf)

"Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited 1:44PM in EggHead Forum
I just made some simple kabobs(shrimp,chicken,zucchini,and mushrooms).These were cooked direct at about 400*.I also dusted these with "Shakin The Tree".It was delicious :woohoo: Here's the pics ;)

DSC_0038-3.jpg

DSC_0039-6.jpg

DSC_0040-5.jpg

DSC_0053-8.jpg

DSC_0065-2.jpg

DSC_0072-6.jpg

DSC_0078-3.jpg

DSC_0085-2.jpg

I hope that ya'll enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed taking them and eating it :woohoo:
·

Comments

• I am on my way over Doug! Dinner looks great! Photos speak a thousand words.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • Eggerman1Eggerman1 Posts: 154
    Great cook!
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Perefect kebobs Sparky, absolutely perfect. :)

The pictures are fabulous.
    ·
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Great photos...do you have a macro lense? The Kabobs are mouth watering. I don't do kabobs much, stuff always falls off, need more practice I guess.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Great lookin meal! :)
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    What?! No invite? :laugh: Food looks great!
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Thanks Tony.All of these(and most of my food pics)were taken with my 18-135 lens on my Nikon D-60.They are zoomed in from at least 5 feet.I do have a macro lens,but I rarely use it for food pics :)
    ·
    Thank you Rebecca ;) You're too kind B)
    ·
    Thanks G&C.It's a good thing that I take many photos,cause I ain't much of a talker :laugh:
    ·
    Thanks Todd,you know that ya'll are welcome here anytime brotha ;) Just bring some food :silly: :laugh:
    ·
    Thanks Hoss ;)
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,970
    Morning Doug:

Those looked too good to be "simple kabobs"...great cook!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
    Thanks Jay,they were pretty darn tasty :P
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    It all looks great! I usually overcook shrimp on the egg. Any suggestions? Yours look perfect.
    ·
  • EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
    mightfine !
    ·
    Sorry elzbth,I just saw this question :pinch: I usually do shrimp direct at 350 or so.I don't really go by time,but these took around 10-15 minutes.I honestly don't know any secrets,but I just go by the look of the shrimp to tell when they are done :whistle: I think that these were a bit overdone,but my wife and kid loved them,so I'm happy :)It's funny,the zucchini took longer to cook than the chicken did :blink: I actually ended up taking the zucchini off of the skewer,and laying them flat on the grid to finish them ;) All I know is,that it's fun to experiment :woohoo: :P B)
    ·