Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonights dinner(surf&turf)

"Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited 12:57PM in EggHead Forum
I just made some simple kabobs(shrimp,chicken,zucchini,and mushrooms).These were cooked direct at about 400*.I also dusted these with "Shakin The Tree".It was delicious :woohoo: Here's the pics ;)

DSC_0038-3.jpg

DSC_0039-6.jpg

DSC_0040-5.jpg

DSC_0053-8.jpg

DSC_0065-2.jpg

DSC_0072-6.jpg

DSC_0078-3.jpg

DSC_0085-2.jpg

I hope that ya'll enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed taking them and eating it :woohoo:

Comments

• I am on my way over Doug! Dinner looks great! Photos speak a thousand words.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Eggerman1Eggerman1 Posts: 154
    Great cook!
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Perefect kebobs Sparky, absolutely perfect. :)

The pictures are fabulous.
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Great photos...do you have a macro lense? The Kabobs are mouth watering. I don't do kabobs much, stuff always falls off, need more practice I guess.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Great lookin meal! :)
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    What?! No invite? :laugh: Food looks great!
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Thanks Tony.All of these(and most of my food pics)were taken with my 18-135 lens on my Nikon D-60.They are zoomed in from at least 5 feet.I do have a macro lens,but I rarely use it for food pics :)
    Thank you Rebecca ;) You're too kind B)
    Thanks G&C.It's a good thing that I take many photos,cause I ain't much of a talker :laugh:
    Thanks Todd,you know that ya'll are welcome here anytime brotha ;) Just bring some food :silly: :laugh:
    Thanks Hoss ;)
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,989
    Morning Doug:

Those looked too good to be "simple kabobs"...great cook!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Thanks Jay,they were pretty darn tasty :P
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    It all looks great! I usually overcook shrimp on the egg. Any suggestions? Yours look perfect.
  • EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
    mightfine !
    Sorry elzbth,I just saw this question :pinch: I usually do shrimp direct at 350 or so.I don't really go by time,but these took around 10-15 minutes.I honestly don't know any secrets,but I just go by the look of the shrimp to tell when they are done :whistle: I think that these were a bit overdone,but my wife and kid loved them,so I'm happy :)It's funny,the zucchini took longer to cook than the chicken did :blink: I actually ended up taking the zucchini off of the skewer,and laying them flat on the grid to finish them ;) All I know is,that it's fun to experiment :woohoo: :P B)