Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Egg Table: No instructions included*

Options
Central IL Egger
Central IL Egger Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
*Seems like there are not many tables out there for the mini (probably bcuz most people don't feel the need), but it's my preffered egg as I usually am cooking for one. SO, being not the least bit talented or organized I went to our local Menards and started picking out pieces of cedar. Kind of had a visual based on my large table, but was totally flying by the seat of my pants. After several hours and 2 changes of clothes (sweat like a hog in the heat) I had me a table! Built it with a decent size top for prep, put casters on the bottom and stained it this morning! I'll never be able to duplicate the process, but it was fun seeing it come together!

The materials in the raw
IMG_5524DesktopResolution.jpg

Table (Pre-Hole)
07b38c1b.jpg

The whole "hole"
39a9da84.jpg

Ooops, how did THIS end up here. Got to meet Toby Keith this weekend. :cheer:
f5298939.jpg
The mini table cuddling up to the the Large~
IMG_5526DesktopResolution.jpg

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Nice job! :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Nice job, Mark! Obviously you are being a bit modest about your ability as shown by the miter saw on the ground and then the perfect circle you cut I assume with a saber saw. One suggestion though is I'd still put a cement stepping stone under those 3 feet. That mini can get surprisingly hot. Couldn't help but notice the table is shorter - couldn't be for your girls to take interest could it? :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Central IL Egger
    Options
    Yep, thanks, I need to get a stone yet~

I raided my brother in law's garage for the power tools... :)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I knew you had the wood working ability when you made this handle for me that I turned into a wiggle rod. Now when I wiggle I think of you! :whistle:
    IMG_0647.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Well done! I need to build something like that for my mini! If I may ask, how did you fabricate the corner pieces (uprights)? TIA, & happy cookin'~~
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    I scrolled through it fast and until I read the captions I thought you looked just like Toby Keith ;)

Nice table too.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Great post! Nice table. ;) Tim