Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Butts are gone!!

Options
AZ Geoff
AZ Geoff Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked 2 - 6 pound Boston Butts last night. Just got through pulling them, dusted the meat with some Dizzy Dust, added a little Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, mixed it all up. It all dissapeared in a matter of 5 minutes!!! I have never seen so much food dissapear so fast!!!!
Makes you feel good when that happens!! (just be sure to get your plate filled before you call the "thundering herd" to the table)[p]AZ Geoff

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    5 minutes is awful quick. Congrats on the success! Sounds like some smiling faces and some full bellies. What were the sides?
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    Did you have your kid's friends over? My daughter's friends (20-somethings) are magicians. They can disappear three large butts and several racks of ribs in a heartbeat. It's like locusts decending upon your crops...[p]Then they lay around on the couch, moaning and holding their swollen bellies, and watch MTV. What the heck is that about?

• AZ Geoff
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I had some sweet corn, watermelon and cantaloupe bought - but I never got the chance to get them out!!!
    My youngest son was on his way to high school football practice. (he is a big lineman) My oldest son was on his way to a BBQ at his professor's house!!!!! Said he didn't care - he was not going to miss the pulled pork!!
    I sometimes hear someone in my refigerator in the middle of the night. They really love it!! Thanks for the tip on the Sweet Baby Ray's!!
    AZ Geoff