Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My butts are done 6 hrs early, what do i do now?

Jail egger
Jail egger Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Done at 10am, resting in towels in the cooler now. Should I refridge and reheat or what?

Comments

• Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    If you placed some hot water in the cooler for about 30 minutes. Throw 2 large towels in the dryer for same time period or if no dryer around place towels on cement driveway if sun is hot. empty water, place one towel in cooler, wrap all butts in heavy aluminum foil( hopefully u did that already). place the other towel on top wrapping around butts. Should hold you for 4-6 hours. (Yep,Car Wash Mike told me about this early on).
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    If you keep them hot in the cooler with lots of foil and towels, they should stay safe temps for 6 hours. you can always check them with a thermometer. If things are looking dodgy, then put them in the oven at its lowest setting. This might help:

How Long Can I Hold Meat In A Cooler?

coolergraph.gif

Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
  • Whiz;
    That is an awesome graph if I don't say so myself! You always have some cool shixx!